Thursday, December 07, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 7

🎄🎄🧨🎄🎄🤶🎄

"Bromford Express"

Looking at the world through the sunset in your eyes
Traveling the train through clear Moroccan skies
Ducks and pigs and chickens call
Animal carpet wall to wall
American ladies five-foot tall in blue

Sweeping cobwebs from the edges of my mind
Had to get away to see what we could find
Hope the days that lie ahead
Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you

Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Bromford Express
Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Bromford Express
They're taking me to Bromford
All aboard the train, all aboard the train

I've been saving all my money just to take you there
I smell the garden in your hair

Take the train from Casablanca going south
Blowing smoke rings from the corners of my mouth
Colored cottons hang in the air
Charming cobras in the square
Striped djellebas we can wear at home well let me hear you now

Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Bromford Express
Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Bromford Express
They're taking me to Bromford

Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Bromford Express
Wouldn't you know we're riding on the Bromford Express
They're taking me to Bromford
All on board the train, all on board the train
All on board




After a seemingly endless night full of not understandable shouts and orders and conversations between the captain and his first mate on the rocking ship in heavy and unquiet seas I wake up in the prison-cell they call 'the brig'.

On one narrow bunk with a dirty blanket lies Kylie trying to find some sleep. Nigel, her son, is sitting next to her leaning his shoulders against the bunk.

Claude Sideburns, who we don't want to call Burnside and a professor for archaeology any longer, is walking around in small circles.

»Where are Hildegard and Gerald? « he asks. »They were right by my side. We must have lost them. «

The llama is trying to get Sideburns' attention.

»And do you remember how the helmsman grabbed us all six with his two strong arms and threw us in this cell? Awesome, that was so awesome. «

Totally calm and all relaxed and seemingly unaffected by everything going on around him Mr. Tumbleweed, the faun, is standing in the far corner of the open room with the iron bars to the rest of the ship -  far and yet so close that I could have touched him if I reached out my hands. His mysterious eyes are looking at me and all through me at the same time.

»Istanbul«, he says, »not Constantinople. «

Today is Thursday, the 7th of December 2023.


3 comments:

  1. The answer is ... CORRECT !!! APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE

    Crosby, Stills & Nash - Marrakesh Express

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marrakesh. Hello, Africa! Tell me how you're doing...

    408 songs about 199 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Berkeley II
    Istanbul II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolula I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete