Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 26

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„⛄๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‡

"A Good Man Is Hard To Find (Bromford)"

It's cloudy out in Bromford, it's raining in Saigon
Snow's fallin' all across the Michigan line
Well she sits by the lights of her Christmas tree
With the radio softly on
Thinkin' how a good man is so hard to find

Well once she had a fella
Once she was somebody's girl
And she gave all she had that one last time
Now there's a little girl asleep in the back room
She's gonna have to tell about the meanness in this world
And how a good man is so hard to find

Well there's pictures on the table by her bed
Him in his dress greens and her in her wedding white
She remembers how the world was the day he left
And now how that world is dead
And a good man is so hard to find

She ain't got no time now for Casanovas
Yeah those days are gone
She don't want that anymore, she's made up her mind
Just somebody to hold her as the night gets on
When a good man is so hard to find

Well she shuts off the TV and without a word
And into bed she climbs
Well she thinks how it was all so wasted
And how expendable their dreams all were
When a good man was so hard to find

Well it's cloudy out in Bromford




Queen Titania is looking in my direction with a slight nod. Her beauty is breath-taking. Her skin has the colour of milk and honey. Her long, curly hair is golden as the sun. Her eyes resemble the silver light of the full moon.

»Thank you for bringing our friend Tumbleweed home«, she says.

»We only opened a gate in a circle of stones«, I answer.

»Some of us«, the llama says.

»More or less«, Claude Sideburns by my side adds.

But the Queen of the fairies is smiling and everything feels light and filled with invisible joy and laughter and singing.

»And you…«

The Queen is addressing the group of the captain, his first mate and the cook of the WaveEater; Ahabraham Hammock in particular.

»You brought me a special gift our middleman in your world took back from the infamous thief of San Antonio? «

Captain Hammock and his men are so close that I can hear him hiss, »Don't look at her! She is an enchantress. They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. A fairy-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell and are never seen again. She will turn us into donkeys. That's what she will do. «

»Who says that? « the llama intervenes. »Gimli, son of Glรณin? «

»Sneezewort, the Water Dragon? « Rilliam B. Wiker asks.

»Pikpok, the pirate? « Hollow Tummy suggests.

Queen Titania starts laughing, laughter as clear as a bell which makes her shine even brighter. Also it makes dozens of birds of all shapes and sizes fly up from the blooming trees of the nearby forest.

»And yet«, Captain Hammock mumbles, »now that I stand here in front of you it seems like you are looking me straight into the heart. You are making things easier and lighter. You are taking away the heaviness of the past years and all the dark clouds. It feels like a black vail came off my sorrows and worries, and my achy, breaky heart. «

He is untying the laced leather-bag from his belt and takes out the Amber Heart of the Sea.

The place by the silvery river and the shore of the Kollobita´´rtainnen Sea is filled with people and creatures and beings now. There are more fairies, bigger and smaller ones, most of them flying and buzzing above our heads like hummingbirds or bumblebees. And there are also fauns, half-human and half-goat like Mr. Tumbleweed, centaurs with four legs half-horse and half-human, and at the edge of the forest, I think I have seen a white unicorn watching us with shy curiosity. And they all fall silent and emit sounds of awe as the sunshine meets the amber jewel.

Captain Hammock is holding out the pendant on a thin chain.

»Your grace«, he is addressing Queen Titania with a bow of his head and upper body. »It is time to give back what is yours. May I? «

And he puts the chain around her neck.

I have never heard cheering that loud before. Everyone and everything starts screaming and shouting and laughing and singing full of joy as they see the Amber Heart of the Sea shine again on the chest of their Queen; every mystical being, the fairies, the fauns, the centaurs, even the fish and the Water Dragon in the sea in a distance, all the animals in the air, in the meadows and the woods, all the humans, me and my company, the old and the present crew of the not so present WaveEater. They start cheering and hugging and giving tribute to the queen and the captain who brought her back the finest piece of jewellery that was every crafted.

Queen Titania claps her hands and shouts out to Mr. Tumbleweed and his pan flute,

»Play us a song! We have something to celebrate here. «

»Are there parties in the Garden of Eden? « Nigel asks with shining eyes.

And we dance and feast through the morning, the day and into the evening and night of Greenlion and the Kollobita´´rtainnen Sea.

Today is Tuesday, the 26th of December 2023.
Boxing Day / Second Christmas Day

3 comments:

  1. ... only five to go ...
    Your answer is CORRECT !!! APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE !!!

    Bruce Springsteen - A Good Man Is Hard To Find (Pittsburgh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second point for Pittsburgh...

    427 songs about 204 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Paris IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Berkeley III
    Tijuana III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Acapulco II
    Montrรฉal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Copenhagen II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Buffalo II
    Pittsburgh II
    Malice I
    San Josรฉ I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orlรฉans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolulu I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I
    Antioch I
    Minneapolis I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    ๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™

    ReplyDelete