Friday, December 08, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 8

 🎄🎄🧨🎄🎄🤶🎄🎄
 
"Bromford Mews"

The leaves of brown came falling through the view
In Bromford Mews, I first met you
I staggered through your chilly dining room
In Bromford Mews, I first met you

Your kitchen sink was cluttered up
So I couldn't shut it up forlornly
I brewed another cuppa up
And tried to sneak out early in the morning

I thought you had much better things to do
In Bromford Mews, I first met you
Drowned my conversation with champagne
And Bromford Mews was not the same

I thought you were an intellect
But now that I reflect, you left me reeling
You made me drink a toast
And when you finished I was looking at the ceiling

The floods of tears I've wept thinking of you
Remind me of that night in Bromford Mews

You know that you left me broken-hearted
Bromford Mews



After yesterday's and last night's storm the ship is all quiet now. Through the porthole of the brig I can see a smooth blue-green almost turquoise ocean glistening in the upcoming sun. The horizon lies in faraway distance where the turquoise of the water meets the blue sky in a thin line. The heavy rocking of the ship has stopped. But are we moving at all?

Kylie is opening her eyes and sitting up on the bunk. She is rubbing her brows and temples.

»Where are we? What went wrong? « she asks addressing the faun. »I remember thirteen stones and symbols in your weird circle on the Brompton Castle estates. You called out twelve names of full-moons but only eleven symbols lightened up. This year isn't over. And I am quite sure there will be another full-moon near the end of this month. «

Mr.  Tumbleweed is not moving his head in her direction. He is still staring through me and the dark of the belly of the ship, maybe even through the ship's wooden hull.

»We are exactly where we need to be«, the half-man, half-goat creature says. »Not quite there yet, but close. These aren't the green meadows and golden towers of Greenlion, but we are sailing the Kollobita´´rtainnen Sea. Uh, that sweet air of home I can breathe and smell. «

»And you are darn well right with this, by Neptune's trident«, an unknown voice adds from outside this too small cell. »Haven't heard a truer word since we left Marrakesh. «

Today is Friday, the 8th of December 2023.




3 comments:

  1. APPLAUSE 🐸 APPLAUSE 🐸 APPLAUSE 🐸

    The Kinks - Berkeley Mews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berkeley... had two points in my external list... and has three points now.
    Berkeley in the TOP 30 now...

    409 songs about 199 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Berkeley II
    Istanbul II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolula I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete