Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 13

🎄🎄🧨🎄🎄🤶🎄🎄🎄🧨🎄🎄🎄

"Bromford Rose"

Deep within my heart lies a melody
A song of old Bromford
Where in dreams I live with a memory
Beneath the stars all alone
It was there I found beside the Alamo
Enchantment strange as the blue up above
A moonlit pass that only she would know
Still hears my broken song of love
Moon in all your splendour
Hear only my heart
Call back my Rose, Rose of Bromford
Lips so sweet and tender
Like petals falling apart
Speak once again of my love, my own
Broken song, empty words I know
Still live in my heart all alone
For the moonlit pass by the Alamo
And Rose, my Rose of Bromford



»And that is part of the problem«, the first mate mumbles. »We had a job when we came to the Kollobita´´rtainnen. A transport for King Oberon and Queen Titania of Greenlion. «

Mr. Tummy, the cook, gives signs to the first mate, by making only seemingly secret faces to the captain who is sitting right next to them.

»I think it is not a good idea and time to mention the job«, he says. »You know he«, he is somehow trying to point on Hammock with his nose, »is not going to respond well to that. «

»Shut up, both of you«, the captain rumbles by smashing both fists on the fastened breakfast table.

Food and trays are making a little jump in the air.

»I know what you are talking about. And one day the king and the queen will get back what is theirs and what we picked up as our freight in the harbour of Coconut Grove. «

»Mmh«, the llama says, »I love coconuts, all crispy and crunchy. I wish they would grow them without the splintery and watery white flesh on the inside. «

»We agreed on Quantico«, Mr. Wiker says again. »We picked up that cursed thing in the harbour of Quantico from that hooded figure with the long coat that didn't look like a coat on his back, more like something moving, back in that alley behind the old harbour tavern. «

»What is it your ship is carrying for my Lord and Lady? «

Mr. Tumbleweed, the faun, has finally decided to join in our conversation, all ears, so to say.

»Isn't that obvious? « Captain Ahabraham Hammock shouts from the bottom of his heart. »It's the Amber Heart of the Sea, you fools. And I have to see to keep it save before it can be returned to Greenlion. Save from him. «

»What is the Amber Heart of the Sea? « I ask.

»Yes«, the llama adds unnecessarily, »no-one has ever heard of that Amber Heart. «

»I have«, the faun says, »and I never even dreamed to take another look at it. The Amber Heart of the Sea is the finest piece of jewellery that was every crafted. «

Today is Wednesday, the 13th of December 2023.


3 comments:

  1. Si, si, si ...
    John Denver - San Antonio Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. 414 songs about 202 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Berkeley II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolula I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete