Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 19

 ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

"Bromford"

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Bromford builded here
Among these dark satanic mills?

Bring me my bow of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Bromford
In England's green and pleasant land




»Look! You can see him diving! His ugly skin is shining slimy green in the sunlight of this never-ending springtime. «

»Son of a Hollywood bitch«, Tummy, the cook, is cursing.

On the horizon I can see four or five windings of an enormous dark green body diving into and out of the calm, turquoise water. It is causing bigger waves in the distant that become merely ripples as they hit the side wall of the WaveEater. No sound is to be heard but a faint splashing and the inevitable screams of seagulls.

»What are we looking at? « I ask. »What kind of animal is that? Looks like a giant snake. «

»That is him«, the captain yells jumping up and down in excitement, »my archenemy, my nemesis. It is the greatest threat of the whole Kollobita´´rtainnen Sea. It's he who attacked us after we rowed away from the naked bunch and the dangerous blonde witch. And it's him who is after the Amber Heart of the Sea. «

»Some kind of worm? « the llama asks, also jumping up and down with all four legs to have a better view.

»See Sneezewort, the mighty Water Dragon! He costed me five of my men when he first attacked, swallowed them whole, that monstrous beast. «

Captain Hammock turns around and barks commands in Rilliam B. Wiker's face who is standing right in front of him.

»Number One! Man the posts! Set Sails! Let row the oars! This time he won't get away! This time we will catch the beast! «

»Captain«, the first mate tries to calm down the situation. »We don't have enough wind to set sails. «

»The lull«, Mr. Tummy adds. »Remember the lull? «

»And we don't have enough men to man the oars. The rest of the crew left the ship by the by-boats.

»Mutiny! That is mutiny! «

»It is more like desertion«, Mr. Wiker says quietly.

»So let the stowaways row! Or do you want me to jump overboard and push the WaveEater to its destination? «

Today is Tuesday, the 19th of December 2023.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, another version of it... That's a real hymn...

    Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Jerusalem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any good news from Jerusalem?

    420 songs about 203 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Paris IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Berkeley III
    Tijuana III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Acapulco II
    Montrรฉal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Copenhagen II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Malice I
    San Josรฉ I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orlรฉans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolulu I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I
    Antioch I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    ๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™

    ReplyDelete