Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 20

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿคถ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿงจ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

"Bromford Soldier"

Bromford soldier, dreadlocked rasta
There was a Bromford Soldier in the heart of America
Stolen from Africa, brought to America
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival

I mean it, when I analyse the stench
To me it makes a lot of sense
How the dreadlocked rasta was a Bromford Soldier

And he was taken from Africa, brought to America
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival
Said he was a Bromford Soldier, dreadlocked rasta
Bromford Soldier in the heart of America

If you know your history
Then you would know where you're coming from
Then you wouldn't have to ask me
Who the 'eck do I think I am?

I'm just a Bromford Soldier in the heart of America
Stolen from Africa, brought to America
Said he was fighting on arrival, fighting for survival
Said he was a Bromford Soldier, win the war for America


Said he, woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy

Bromford Soldier troddin' through the land, wo-ho-ooh
Said he want to ran and then you want a hand
Troddin' through the land, yea-hea, yea-ea

Said he was a Bromford Soldier in the war for America
Bromford Soldier, dreadlocked Rasta
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival
Driven from the mainland to the heart of the Caribbean

Said he, woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy

Trodding through San Juan
In the arms of America
Trodding through Jamaica, a Bromford Soldier
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival
Bromford Soldier, dreadlock rasta

Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy




Captain Hammock is running away from us across the deck.

»Oh, my goodness, he is Captain Ahab«, Kylie remarks, »and it looks like he has found his white whale. «

»The captain's first name is Ahabraham, not Ahab«, Tummy, the ship's cook insists.

»And mum, White Wales sounds like a national and racist organisation in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland«, Nigel says.

»White whale, not white Wales. What did I send you to college for again? « Kylie asks her son. »Sometimes you still say silly things. Has no-one here read Herman Melville's 'Moby Dick'? «

»We have, my friend, we have«, I say. »And a faun is not a Klingon peacock. And this Pequod here is called the WaveEater. So how can we get out of this miserable situation? «

I turn to Rilliam B. Wiker, the first mate.

»Any chance that Hammock will change his mind? Will he return to the island of Greenlion and give that Amber Heart of the Sea back to this King Oberon and Queen Titania soon? Any chance that we can bring Mr. Tumbleweed home and start looking for a way out of the Kollobita´´rtainnen Sea? «

»Nevermore! Nevermore, you heathens who have never seen Jerusalem! «

The thin, bald-headed captain with the long beard has climbed the highest mast to the lookout of the ship, the crow's nest.

»I hear everything you say! I cannot and I will not return the pendant to the fairies. Not till I rid of this realm from the terror of the Kollobita´´rtainnen Sea. Until that the Amber Heart of the Sea is safest with me! «

He is holding out the laced leather-bag with the piece of jewellery in it.

»Noooooooooooo! « he utters a disappointed cry. »The beast is escaping again. «

The giant snake-like body at the horizon has dived deeper for a last time and out of sight, leaving only ripples and nervous seagulls where the tip of his tail has disappeared.

And the sun of this bloomy and rotten world is sinking again.

The captain has knotted the leather-bag back to his belt and comes climbing down the mast again.

Mr. Wiker whispers, »The madness weakens in the evenings and at night times. «

»Under deck! « the captain commands not tolerating any contradiction. »Mr. Tummy, show our guests to some hammocks! Get some sleep! Tomorrow we have to be ready! «

Today is Wednesday, the 20th of December 2023.


3 comments:

  1. Sing it away, Bob...
    Bob Marley & The Wailers - Buffalo Soldier

    Eleven to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen Buffalo around here somewhere...

    421 songs about 203 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Paris IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Berkeley III
    Tijuana III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Acapulco II
    Montrรฉal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Copenhagen II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Buffalo II
    Malice I
    San Josรฉ I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orlรฉans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolulu I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I
    Antioch I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    ๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™

    ReplyDelete