Monday, December 11, 2023

Bromfords of the Kollobita´´rtainnen - Part 11

🎄🎄🧨🎄🎄🤶🎄🎄🎄🧨🎄

"Bromford Island"

Sitting on a carousel ride without any music or light.
Everything was closed at Bromford Island, and I could not help from smiling.

I can hear the Atlantic echo back roller coaster screams from summers past.
And everything was closed at Bromford Island, and I could not help from smiling.
Brooklyn will fill in the beach eventually and everyone will go except me.




Mr. Tumbleweed, the faun, is looking at the sunny sky. »It is a very thin moon over Clare, these days. Crescent moon like the vanishing smile of a Cheshire Cat. New moon in two days, and yet, my powers are not weakening and ceasing. So close to home, so close. Maybe you all want to hear one of my songs? «

Quickly, I am touching his arm.

»Not now, Mr. Tumbleweed. It is not the right time for a hypnotizing song. Maybe later. «

Captain Hammock and Mr. Wiker, his first officer, are sitting on a bench at a small table which both look like they are nailed or screwed to the ship's wooden planks. They are sitting in the sun having the same breakfast the cook brought us on his tray - hard cheese, some sausages and bread. Mr. Tummy puts down the tray and joins his crew pulling out a knife out of his pockets.

»Arrgh, here they are, my stowaways. Some water? « the captain is offering a leather water bottle. »Sorry, we ran out of wine and ale the other day. And we want to keep the rum for special occasions, you know. «

»What are stowaways? « Nigel asks. »The word reminds me of storage or something like that. Sounds like you are seeing us as some kind of luggage or extra weight. «

»In some regions of the world«, Claude Sideburns returning from the railing after feeding the fish and joining us again says, »people would call us blind passengers. «

»Blind passengers? « Mr. Wilkes, the first mate and helmsman asks. »Is one of you blind? We would have to take special care. A boat must be a very dangerous place for a blind person. «

»No«, Claude Sideburns says, »blind passengers are stowaways. As in stowaways or clandestine travellers are persons who secretly board a vehicle, such as a ship, an aircraft, a train, cargo truck or bus without paying or working for it. «

»Blind passengers does not sound right«, Mr. Wiker says straightening his sailors' cap. »So you are all clandestine but none of you is blind? And does being blind always have to mean that you are not able to see? «

»What a strange discussion, Number One«, the captain interrupts. »Let's finish our breakfast before we go into such philosophical topics. Let's forget about the stowaways, too, and let us introduce to our guests. I have to apologize. You caught us in a bad and busy moment with the rest of the crew gone and the whole storm thing yesterday. My name is Captain Ahabraham Hammock. Welcome aboard the WaveEater, the mightiest ship on all of the seven seas, or might I say eight seas - counting the Kollobita´´rtainnen? Here we have my first officer and first mate, Rilliam B. Wiker. «

The helmsman with sparkling green eyes and a ponytail of long red hair under his sailor's cap stands up shaking our hands.

»And here our cook, Mr. Tummy! «

The cook is giggling again.

»Last name Tummy, first name Hollow. Not to be taken literally. «

He slaps his big stomach with the flat of his hands.

After we have all introduced ourselves - with exception of Mr. Tumbleweed who is still staring around with a dreamy expression on his face - we finally get our breakfast.

Today is Monday, the 11th of December 2023.



3 comments:

  1. Coney Island (Sorry being late, I overslept)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole day ??? 😮
    It is granted thee... 😋

    Death Cab for Cutie - Coney Island

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is Conny's Island? New York?

    412 songs about 200 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Berkeley II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolula I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete