Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 7

"He is not from Nashville, he said."

The llama is now standing very close to me. I can feel its fur pressed against my leg in the Pyjamas trousers.

"He said he comes from somewhere north of Nashville."

"Would you stop talking about Nashville, animal?"

"Yes", the Anthony figure says.

He is lighting a little portable oil lantern with a match so that we can see his rosy face with round cheeks and vivid green eyes and two pointed ears. He is wearing a green suit with short green trousers, a wide black belt with a golden buckle and a matching pointed cap. And now that the lantern in his hand is enlightening the hallway we can also take a look at his red leggings and pointed green shoes with little bells on the shoe-toes.

Somehow he reminds me of a cute mixture between Robin Hood and Peter Pan.

"Yes, KussKuss, stop talking about Nashville. We have already missed that stop, that opportunity."

BING!

The elevator door is opening again but the light coming out is not as yellow and brown as it used to be before. It is more like bright white with a touch of light blue in it now.

"Hurry up now, guys", Anthony says, "we do not have much time. I have come here to take you two on a mission. Someone has stolen the spirit of Christmas. And we have got to bring it back!"

WHAAAT?

Llama and I are staring at each other with the "WHAAAT?" being only a silent thought in our eyes and heads.


🎄🎄🎄🎄🕯🎅🎄


"St. Bromford"

And the snow tells us where to go
Soon as I use up what I bought, I'm leaving
And now it's raining down my shirt
And soaking

"This won't hurt"
"You're joking"

And the snow…




3 comments:

  1. APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

    Throwing Muses - St. Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. 272 songs about 141 different cities (and places).

    St. Charles... The one with the big ears? Bing!

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete