Friday, December 10, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 10


"This is indeed a long way to Tipperary", Anthony is murmuring.

Suddenly I have got the feeling I have to stop him.

"Look, Anthony. I don't know who you are or what brought you here in my apartment. But you are not seriously going to step into that elevator shaft, aren't you? The elevator is still broken. The last time we looked there wasn't even an elevator cabin on this floor of the apartment house. You are going to fall to your death."

With the lantern light on his face his grin gives him the looks of an evil goblin or leprechaun.

"Keep calm, Bromford", he says this with a slight giggle in his voice, "at this special time of year and with me around we will need no elevator cabin to bring us everywhere we want. The elevator door is not even an elevator door anymore. It is a pathway. Come and see for yourselves."

I don't want to see it. The lights inside the elevator are all disturbed again, moving like having a will of their own, full of life. And is that a faint rain spraying out from the inside?

"Didn't you always think this apartment house on 666 Whitaker Lane in Bromford, the friendly town by the bay and seaside was full of holes? Well, you were right. But they never were ordinary holes. They were always portholes."

And with no further words Anthony turns around and disappears.

The llama looks at me, shrugs as much shoulder as it has and says, "No risk, no fun."

Then it steps into the light, too.

I take a deep breath almost overwhelmed with uncertainty. Then I close my eyes and hold my breath like I have to take a deep dive into a lake or a swimming pool and I follow them.

BING.


πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„


"In Bromford Forest"

And so it came for Robin Hood
To cheat the Reaper, escaping the noose
A knife would come to cut him down
Giving him back his freedom

Oh, how all the people cheered
Cursing the King, so hated and feared
Oh, how all the people sang
And praised the hand that saved him

Ah-da-da-da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
Ah-da-da-da-da-da-da
It was Marian's hand that saved him

And in the forest he did hide
Outlaws and Marian there by his side
With much to do to show those men
He'd be the one who could lead them

So he vowed that he would fight for them
Giving his life for the rights of men
Seeking injustice wherever it lies
Showing the ways of warfare

Ah-da-da-da-da-da-da, da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da
Ah-da-da-da-da-da-da
Showing the ways of warfare
Teaching the skills of warfare




3 comments:

  1. Sherwood🌲🌳🌲🌳🌲🌳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherwood is a small town, somewhere, isn't it? :D

    Chris de Burgh - In Sherwood Forest

    ReplyDelete
  3. 275 songs about 143 different cities (and places).

    Sherwood... Bing!

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Baltimore II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete