Friday, December 17, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 17

"Ha, ha", the llama laughs, "Margarita is a cocktail but also a city in Italy or Spain or South America or somewhere like that. But I didn't get the part with the moon. It all sounds Klingon to me. Or is it Greek?"

"Spanish, animal, it is Spanish", I say.

"He's not here", the elf says again with hanging head. "He is not here."

"Who are you searching for?" I see another opportunity to ask for more details. "The spirit of Christmas?"

"And the man who took it, Bromford Bibble", Anthony says. I didn't notice the little bell at the pointy end of his cap up to now and I never knew bells can make sad sounds. No jingle bells at this point of the story.

We are sitting down on a stone staircase to some old church or cathedral or something like that.

"OK, we have some time for some explanation, I think", Anthony says, "but keep on looking out for those sliding doors. We must not miss our next ride. We already missed too many opportunities to find them. We could have made a trip to Vienna in Austria in 1765, for example."

The llama is not amused.

"A time travel trip?" it asks with a puckered nose. "Nobody wants to go to Vienna in the past. Think about all those germs."

"Maybe nobody wants to go to present day Vienna, either", I say. "Go on, Anthony!"

"We could have searched in New York, twice, in Amsterdam, in Johnsburg, Illinois, Nashville, St. Charles, Baltimore, Tipperary. And yet, we started in Sherwood, which as the llama likes to say, might not even be a real city."

"Do I say so?" the llama asks.

BING!

"There is our lift." 


πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

 
"Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Bromford, Illinois"

When the revenant came down
We couldn't imagine what it was
In the spirit of three stars
The alien thing that took its form

Then to Lebanon, oh, God!
The flashing at night, the sirens grow and grow

History involved itself
Mysterious shade that took its form
Or what it was
Incarnation, three stars
Delivering signs and dusting from their eyes



4 comments:

  1. Highland. Is that a city or just a landscape? 🏞️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highland is a city in Madison County, Illinois, United States. :D

    Sufjan Stevens - Concerning The UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 282 songs about 147 different cities (and places).

    Highland, Illinois ... Bing!

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Baltimore II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete