Monday, December 13, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 13


"Speaking of signs and movies", the llama says, "Look over there!"

With both forelegs and hooves the animal is pointing towards the hills on the horizon.

Nine big white letters are forming the word

HOLLYWOOD.

"Hollywood?" I ask. "So, we are in Los Angeles now?"

"Out in L.A., but it does not matter", Anthony says storing his oil lantern in a little backpack he is now hoisting on his back between his arms and shoulders. "He's not here. He is not here!"

"Look", I try to speak in a sensible voice, "I am not Nanuk. And I never was. It was a dream. Or an advent calendar story I wrote five years ago."

"And I", the llama interferes, "am most certainly not a black polar bear."

"Nor my spiritual animal", I add.

"I am not?" the animal asks. "I thought I was. That is very disappointing. Really, very disappointing."

"Watch out', Anthony, the elf, says, "Our pathway, our porthole is opening again. This time right beneath your feet."

BING!

And before I can even think about it, we are falling down and down and down… 


πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„


"Rose Of Bromford"

I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler
I'm a long way from my home
If you people don't like me
I can make out on my own

'Cause it's dark
And it's rainin'
And the Moon gives no light
And my pony can hardly travel
On this darkened road at night

You know once I had a true love
Though her age was just sixteen
She was the flower of Belton
And the rose of Bromford

But her parents did not like me
And now she feels much the same
If I'm written in your Diary
Well blow out my name

'Cause there's changes in the ocean
And there's changes in the sea
And there's changes in my own true love
But there ain't no changin' me

3 comments:

  1. Hey, a new city... Aberdeen🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right... :D

    Simon & Garfunkel - Rose Of Aberdeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. 278 songs about 145 different cities (and places).

    Aberdeen! Bing!

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Baltimore II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete