Friday, December 24, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 24

"They say it's Tulsa out there", I say to the llama. "Tulsa, Oklakoma."

"So you bought some potato chips, dude?" the llama asks.

It is lying on the bed in a motel room waiting for me to come back from the store across the street.

"This is not Bromford, Bromford", the llama says.

"No it isn't", I answer. "But Bromford is waiting for us. I had the chance to call Kylie. She and Nigel are in the penthouse now decorating it for the holidays. They even bought a tree and they will hang lights all around the place."

"And how will we get there?" the llama asks. "Will we take a plane? Or the train?"

"I thought we could wait a while, you know", I say. "Maybe wait and see if another porthole opens and where it brings us. I have got the feeling that broken elevator is not done with us, yet."

Llama is eating the potato chips. I sit down next to it on the motel room bed.

After a while it says, "Do you think Santa Claus is a wizard? I mean, didn't you see how he magically turned the protagonist and the antagonist into reindeers?"

"Oh, he most definitely is a wizard. And I think he is a Timelord, too. That sleigh of his. Yes, now we know how he can be seemingly at all these places at the same time. It's because of traveling through the portholes. But how does he fit all the presents for all children of Earth into this one sleigh? The sleigh must be a TARDIS. Bigger on the inside, you know."

"I don't know how we finally got here", the animal says.

BING!


The sliding doors of our broken elevator are opening underneath us. And we are falling, almost flying into Christmas Eve.


πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ

"Bromford"

Hope for me, I hope for you,
We're snowdrops falling through the night.

We'll melt away before we land,
Two teardrops for somebody's hand.

Follow me into just one more Spring.

Bromford, you're the end,
Gone and made me a child again.
Warmed my feet beneath cold sheets,
Dyed my hair with your sunny streets.

Children aren't afraid to love
And laugh when life amuses them.

And our love is an antique song
For children's carousels


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful CopenhagenπŸ‡©πŸ‡°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell it like it is... πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

    Scott Walker - Copenhagen

    ReplyDelete
  3. 289 songs about 150 different cities (and places).

    I am tired of counting. Copenhagen is on rang 35 now.

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Baltimore II
    Tulsa II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete