Sunday, December 19, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 19


"Millbrook, Dutchess County?" exclaims the llama. "Are you kidding me? No wonder those kids are on the train to or from New York all the time."

"I don't know what you are talking about, animal", I say.

"Not here. He is not here!"

Anthony is the unhappiest elf I have ever seen.

"When you came to Santa's workshop and had your good times with us elves K'eyush followed you after a while searching in the halls and tunnels under the vanishing ice of the North Pole. But he also followed and found you, Joe Darque, the man in black, the self-called Dark Eater. And when he met Santa Claus, my boss, in his dressing room, he overpowered and kidnapped him. We only found Santa's big black boots and the rest of some sticky tape Darque must have used to gag him."

"Santa is your boss?" the llama asks. "Wow, so you are a Christmas Elf? One of Santa's little helpers?"

"Really, animal?" I ask. "Stating the obvious as always, aren't you?"

BING!

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―


"Bromford Dock"

They disembarked in '45
And no one spoke and no one smiled
There were too many spaces in the line

Gathered at the cenotaph
All agreed with hand on heart
To sheath the sacrificial knives

(Thats right)
But now
She stands upon Bromford dock
With her handkerchief
And her summer frock
Clings to her wet body in the rain

In quiet desperation knuckles
White upon the slippery reins
She bravely waves the boys goodbye again
Still the dark stain spreads between
Their shoulder blades
A mute reminder of the poppy fields and graves
When the fight was over
We spent what they had made
But in the bottom of our hearts
We felt the final cut





3 comments:

  1. Southhampton⛴️πŸ›₯️🚒🚀⛵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 4th Advent...

      Pink Floyd - Southampton Dock

      Delete
    2. 284 songs about 149 different cities (and places).

      Southampton ... Bing!

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      London IIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
      Berlin IIIIIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIIIIII
      Bethlehem IIIII
      Memphis IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Jerusalem IIII
      Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      New Orleans III
      Philadelphia III
      Manchester III
      Detroit III
      Warsaw III
      Paris III
      Houston III
      Budapest II
      Rome II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Acapulco II
      MontrΓ©al II
      Seattle II
      Galway II
      Washington II
      Barcelona II
      Belfast II
      Shanghai II
      Moscow II
      Chicago II
      Baltimore II
      Malice I
      San JosΓ© I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Montgomery I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I
      Bangkok I
      Bowenville I
      Woodstock I
      Kalispell I
      El Dorado I
      Gaza I
      Las Vegas I
      Oxford I
      OrlΓ©ans I
      Kilronan I
      Santa Fe I
      Leicester I
      Saskatoon I
      Singapore I
      Poughkeepsie I
      Twin Falls I
      Greenwich I
      Ottawa I
      Damascus I
      Red Lake I
      Sapokanikan I
      Tokyo I
      Guernica I
      Port I
      Sheffield I
      Skara Brae I
      Grantchester I
      Bingen I
      Columbia I
      Venice I
      Baghdad I
      Marquette I
      Salisbury I
      Birnam I
      Ramada I
      Tulsa I
      Jupiter I
      Putnam I
      Sterling I
      Pittsfield I
      Driftwood I
      Soma I
      Copenhagen I
      New Danville I
      New Paris I
      Muskegon I
      Metropolis I
      Sapporo I
      Jericho I
      Vienna I
      Johnsburg I
      Nashville I
      St. Charles I
      Tipperary I
      Sherwood I
      Juno I
      Aberdeen I
      Margarita I
      Highland I
      Millbrook I
      Southampton I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Gomorrah II
      Albion I
      Essex I
      Idaho I
      Atlantis I
      Camelot I

      πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

      Delete