Monday, December 06, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 6

Why do I have to think about Johnsburg now? And where is Johnsburg? John's Burg. What a strange name. Somewhere in Klingon Burg means something like Castle. Is this John's Castle I am thinking about?

Trembling not only with cold I set a cautious and insecure foot into the hallway of my penthouse above the fifteenth floor of the apartment building on 666, Whitaker Lane in Bromford, the friendly town by the bay and seaside.

The only light I see is a blinding one coming through the open elevator door from inside the elevator. But that light was never that bright and disturbing in the past. It is yellow with a touch of brown in it like the sun shining through thin almost fainted autumn leaves.

To my left I can feel more than I can see the llama gasping speechless and in awe with wide open eyes and mouth at a tiny figure standing in the light of the elevator door.

"That is Anthony", the llama whispers.

"Who is Anthony?" I whisper back.

"I am Anthony", the tiny little figure introduces itself and comes a few steps closer.

The elevator door whooshes shut leaving us in darkness.

BING!

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ…



"Somewhere North Of Bomford"

Came into town with a pocketful of songs

I made the rounds
But I didn't last long
Now I'm out on this highway
With a bone-cold chill
Somewhere north of Bromford


I lie awake in the middle of the night
Makin' a list of things that I didn't do right
With you at the top of a long page filled
Here, somewhere north of Bromford


For the deal I made, the price was strong
I traded you for this song
We woke each morning with hearts filled
Bluebird of love on the windowsill
Now the heart's unsteady, and the night is still
All I've got's this melody, and time to kill
Here, somewhere north of Bromford
Here, somewhere north of Bromford
Here, somewhere north of Bromford


3 comments:

  1. North of Nashville... hm, there are quite a few towns. Which one? ๐Ÿค”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never think too complicated. ๐Ÿ˜

      Bruce Springsteen - Somewhere North Of Nashville

      Delete
    2. 271 songs about 140 different cities (and places).

      Nashville is fresh in the game? Well... Bing!

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
      Berlin IIIIIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIIIIII
      Bethlehem IIIII
      Memphis IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Jerusalem IIII
      Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      New Orleans III
      Philadelphia III
      Manchester III
      Detroit III
      Warsaw III
      Paris III
      Budapest II
      Rome II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Houston II
      Acapulco II
      Montrรฉal II
      Seattle II
      Galway II
      Washington II
      Barcelona II
      Belfast II
      Shanghai II
      Moscow II
      Chicago II
      Malice I
      San Josรฉ I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I
      Bangkok I
      Bowenville I
      Woodstock I
      Kalispell I
      El Dorado I
      Gaza I
      Las Vegas I
      Oxford I
      Orlรฉans I
      Kilronan I
      Santa Fe I
      Leicester I
      Saskatoon I
      Singapore I
      Poughkeepsie I
      Twin Falls I
      Greenwich I
      Ottawa I
      Damascus I
      Red Lake I
      Sapokanikan I
      Tokyo I
      Guernica I
      Port I
      Sheffield I
      Skara Brae I
      Grantchester I
      Bingen I
      Columbia I
      Venice I
      Baghdad I
      Marquette I
      Salisbury I
      Birnam I
      Ramada I
      Tulsa I
      Jupiter I
      Putnam I
      Sterling I
      Pittsfield I
      Driftwood I
      Soma I
      Copenhagen I
      New Danville I
      New Paris I
      Muskegon I
      Metropolis I
      Sapporo I
      Jericho I
      Vienna I
      Johnsburg I
      Nashville I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Gomorrah II
      Albion I
      Essex I
      Idaho I
      Atlantis I
      Camelot I

      ๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™

      Delete