Thursday, December 16, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 16

"And do you think you've made the right decision this time?"

This is the skyline of London we are looking at from a static cabin of London Eye - the otherwise completely empty and deserted Ferris Wheel overlooking parts of the capital of Great Britain.

I have never been here before. And under other circumstances I could really enjoy the cities and places our broken elevator is taking us to. But it is all too random and the stays are too short. As I said, this traveling is making me dizzy.

"It is not an elevator", Anthony, the elf says. "It is a porthole."

"You are using that word again", I say. "But an elevator is not and never the round window of a ship."

"What do you mean?" Anthony asks. "As I said it is a pathway, a porthole, like the rabbit hole that brought Alice to Wonderland the first time or one of those Portkeys that the witches and wizards are using for traveling over longer distances."

"Welcome to the wizarding world of witchcraft", the llama says in a really sarcastic way.

"Says the walking and talking llama", Anthony counters snippy.

The general dizziness lets me forget my general fear of heights that should be triggered to the maximum on this static but still shaking in the wind Ferris Wheel cabin.

The llama says, "Did you know that the original Ferris Wheel was designed and constructed by George Washington Gale Ferris Jr. as a landmark for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago?"

"No", I say, "And I think I do not need to know that right now."

"OK", the llama says, "but do not say I didn't warn you. Chicago? Do you think that is a coincidence?"

"Right now it is more like an accident", I say turning back to Anthony, the elf. "So, why do you think we should know each other?"

Instead of an answer Anthony gives us this, "He's not here. He is not here. I can feel it. I can sense it. I can almost smell it. Be prepared, maybe for the moon or some kind of alcoholic beverage."

BING!

🎄🎄🎄🎄🕯🎅🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🕯🎄🎄🎄🎄


"Luna de Bromford"

Luna de Bromford es
Como tu luz
Como tu voz
Y como tu amor

Luna... de Bromford es
Como tu luz
Como tu voz
Como tu amor

Frente a ti
El mar de las Antillas
Junto a mí, tu caricia sencilla

Para vivir
Para gozar
Para soñar contigo

Para vivir
Para gozar
Para soñar contigo

Frente a ti
El mar de las Antillas
Junto a mí, tu caricia sencillas

Para vivir
Para gozar
Para soñar contigo

Para vivir
Para gozar
Para soñar contigo


3 comments:

  1. Margarita🍹🍹🍹Cheerio Miss Sophie me gal... 😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skøl !!!

    Devendra Banhart - Luna De Margarita

    ReplyDelete
  3. 281 songs about 146 different cities (and places).

    Margarita? ... Bing!

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Baltimore II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete