Sunday, December 26, 2021

Epilogue - Part 2


"London Lights?" the llama asks.

"Strange feeling, isn't it?"

And indeed it is a strange feeling. We are still sitting in the Ferris Wheel cabin in Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen looking through an open elevator door at the lights of London from another cabin's, another Ferris Wheel's point of view.

The elevator doors close again.

"This advent calendar will never end, will it, Bromford?"

BING!

No, wherever that is behind the elevator doors, it is not Bromford.

"I think, it will end today, animal", I say. "I have the strongest feeling that the next stop will be home. And you know what, animal? I know now what the spirit of Christmas is. The spirit of Christmas is home."

BING!

The broken elevator doors are sliding open one more time. There it is, the hallway of the penthouse above the fifteenth floor of the apartment house on 666, Whitaker Lane in Bromford, the friendly town by the bay and seaside. And there are Kylie and her son Nigel waving at us, still in their ugly Christmas sweaters.

Llama and I jump.

"Whitaker Lane here we come!"


πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ


"Bromford Winter"


Oh Father Christmas,
Come to us, come to us
Perfect and with us,
Come to us, come to us

Oh Mother Mary,
Celebrate, celebrate
Brave sanctuary,
Come to us, come to us

Explorations end in Christ,
Decorations left behind,
Where will you go, where will you go,
Where will you go?
Troubled heart, troubled heart, here with all

Oh Christian winter,
Call to us, call to us
Bromford Winter,
Regulus, Regulus

Oh star of wisdom,
Light of life, light of life
Casperous prism,
Bride of life, bride of life

Disappointment to be had,
Hold your temper too my friend,
Where will you go, where will you go, where will you go?
Troubled heart, troubled heart, here with all

 

3 comments:

  1. Jupiter🌴🌴🌴🦩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drops of Jupiter...

    Sufjan Stevens - Jupiter Winter

    It's time to go back to business. I think it's song quiz day tomorrow... 😈

    ReplyDelete
  3. 291 songs about 150 different cities (and places).

    Second point for Jupiter. Is it a planet to be? Rang 36.

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Baltimore II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete