Saturday, December 11, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 11


"Porthole? Did you just say the elevator was a porthole like the round window of a ship?"

Strange what comes first to your mind after an experience like this. It was nothing like diving into deep water at all. It was more like being pressed through a wall of transparent jelly but without the stickiness and shakiness of sweet green jello.

"Open your eyes, Brommy!"

I don't like when the llama calls me Brommy and I don't like the sound of the animal's voice.

I open my eyes.

Trees. We are surrounded by trees. Birches and oaks, perhaps. There is grass beneath our feet and moss. A forest. We are in the middle of a forest without human structures or dwellings in sight.

The llama is frozen in amazement.

I am standing in the middle of a forest late in the morning only in my slippers and pyjamas.

"I am standing in the middle of a forest only in my slippers and pyjamas!" I yell at Anthony.

This does not seem to bother the little fellow.

"It's Sherwood Forest, actually. And it could be worse", Anthony says.

"What?"

"We won't stay long. He who we are looking for is not here", Anthony says, "And at least you are wearing solid coloured pyjamas and not the ones with the paw patrol characters on them."

"I do not…", I start a rant being interrupted by the llama.

"Hey, you two. Look, there, right next to that hedge, something like the elevator sliding doors opened out of thin air."

"That's perfect", Anthony says. "That's our lift. Come with me. Time to move on."


BING!



πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ…πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„



"Bromford"

I can't play
When he wakes up
She said
He can't play
 
When he thinks I'm growing up
That song Bromford they did in the street
So many places to go
And not one for me
 
Said the she
If they were pretty
It'd be okay to say
But that day only
 
When she wore dresses
She felt born
That song Bromford say the words
If you have streets
 
No one for me
Said the she
That song Bromford they sung in the street
Her husband of nineteen years
 
Danced madly at her feet
Now I can be balancing






3 comments:

  1. Juno? That's a cyper city. Or do you mean Juneau? The capitol of AlaskaπŸ€”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juno is a village in Ga-Matlala in the Polokwane Local Municipality of the Capricorn District Municipality of the Limpopo province of South Africa.

    Throwing Muses - Juno

    And who cares? 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. 276 songs about 144 different cities (and places).

    Bromford sure does not care. Juno? Bing!

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Baltimore II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete