Saturday, December 04, 2021

Someone Stole The Spirit - Episode 4

"What my heart cannot tell you are telling you tulips from Amsterdam…"

"Amsterdam? What are you talking about? New Amsterdam?"

"Llama, it is time."

"What time?"

"You have to go out there and check what is going on with that elevator."

"No, no never. I am still so young. I do not wanna be in danger. What if there is a housebreaker in the hallway messing with the elevator? What if they want to kidnap me and hold me for ransom? And I never liked that elevator bell, anyway."

"Don't be such a chicken, animal!"

"I am a llama, not a chicken, dude!"

"You know, what I mean. To be a chicken is to be a coward."

"That is very insulting to chickens. No, I want to say it is offensive to chickens. How dare you say all chickens are cowards? And how many chickens do you know, anyway?"

BING!

🎄🎄🎄🎄

"Bromford Telephone Conversation"

I was sleeping, gently napping when I heard the phone

Who is on the other end talking, am I even home?

Did you see what she did to him, did you hear what they said?

Just a Bromford conversation rattling in my head

Ooh my, and what shall we wear, ooh my, and who really cares?

Just a Bromford conversation, gossip all of the time

"Did you hear who did what to whom?", happens all the time

Who has touched and who has dabbled hear in the city of shows

Openings, closings, badrap party - everybody knows

Ooh, how sad and why do we call, ooh I'm glad to hear from you all

I am calling, yes I am calling just to speak to you

For I know this night will kill me, if I can't be with you

If I can't be with you


3 comments:

  1. Do you think NYC is the pop / rock capital city of the world?

    Lou Reed - New York Telephone Conversation

    ReplyDelete
  2. 269 songs about 138 different cities (and places).

    New York still in the lead.

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Chicago II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete