Friday, February 28, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 97


Today
is
Friday,
the
28th
of
February
2020.

It's
early
in
the
morning
and
the
lawn
is
full
of
snowdrops.

Real
dots
of
snow
and
not
the
flowers.

Today
is
the
first
day
of
winter.
Today
is
the
last
day
of
winter.

The
world
is
out
of
order.

We're
getting
close
to
seasons'
end...


"Bromford Blues"

The sky was gray when I woke up this morning
Seems to me that nothin' was the same
My situation changed without a warning
(The)
Sad thing is I don't know who to blame

Once upon a time our love was shining brightly
Maybe it was just too good to last
(Or I don't know)
Perhaps I held to tightly
I had no idea the end would come so fast


"Au revoir", she said
She's out of my life, I'm out of my head
So difficult to know which way to choose
And she's gone, c'est ca
Can I go on, je ne sais pas
Got to find a way to lose the Bromford Blues

The boulevard is just another byway
Where we walked together now I walk alone
One more lonely heart
(And)
One more lonely highway
One more drifter one more rollin' stone

"Au revoir", she said
She's out of my life, I'm out of my head
So difficult to know which way to choose
And she's gone, c'est ca
Can I go on, je ne sais pas
Got to find a way to lose the Bromford Blues.



3 comments:

  1. I love Paris in the springtime. (early this year)
    I love Paris in the fall. (or fall never enedt)
    I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles, (no winter this year)
    I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles. (cannot come early enough)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll always have Paris and, Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

    Terry Callier - Paris Blues

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 plus for Paris...

    149 songs about 71 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
    Berlin IIIIIII
    London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
    Amsterdam IIIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Bethlehem III
    New Orleans III
    Memphis III
    Budapest II
    Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Warsaw II
    Rome II
    Manchester II
    Philadelphia II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Galway I
    Malice I
    San José I
    Barcelona I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Houston I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Jerusalem I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Detroit I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Washington I
    Gloucester I
    Acapulco I
    Calgary I
    Seattle I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Albion I
    Gomorrah I
    Essex I
    Idaho I

    ReplyDelete