Monday, February 10, 2020

Longer Stays …



"Sabine is in town!"

I am sitting, back to the wall, next to the open elevator doors again talking to the animal deep down in the elevator shaft I believe is a llama.

The lights went out some hours ago because there is a blackout all over Bromford, the friendly town by the shore and seaside. But lack of electricity does not really matter because the elevator is still broken.

"Who is Sabine?" the llama asks.

The darkness down the shaft does not seem to bother it at all.

"Sabine is an orcanic storm that has destroyed part of Bromford's infrastructure."

"What do you need you structure for, Bromford Bibble?"

"Not only my structure - may it be infra or not, animal. Broken and disrooted trees crashed the power plant and parts of the power line. Flying roof tiles broke windows and damaged parked cars. Floods blocked several bridges and freeways. And the trains cannot leave stations because the rails are unusable for most of the parts."

"We are all stuck here for a while, as Rodney King say, as they say."

"Yes", I say ignoring the strange quoting. "Looks like it."

"Tell me something new, human."

I close my eyes and listening carefully to my stomach I can feel the skyscraper on 666 Whitaker Lane rock slightly from side to side underneath me in the strong storm breezes. This is what seasickness must feel like.

And the fortune cookie says,

Sometimes you have to fight,
other times you just have to wait.

Today is Monday, the 10th of February 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment