Thursday, May 02, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 57

Today is Thursday, the 2nd of May 2019.

May the Forth... No, this is leading nowhere...

Let's see what they are doing in that prison...

Long days and pleasant nights...


"Bromford Prison Blues"

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine
Since, I don't know when
I'm stuck in Bromford Prison
And time keeps draggin' on
But that train keeps a-rollin'
On down to San Antone

When I was just a baby
My Mama told me, "Son
Always be a good boy
Don't ever play with guns, "
But I shot a man in Reno
Just to watch him die
When I hear that whistle blowin'
I hang my head and cry

I bet there's rich folks eatin'
In a fancy dining car
They're probably drinkin' coffee
And smokin' big cigars
But I know I had it comin'
I know I can't be free
But those people keep a-movin'
And that's what tortures me

Well, if they freed me from this prison
If that railroad train was mine
I bet I'd move out over a little
Farther down the line
Far from Bromford Prison
That's where I want to stay
And I'd let that lonesome whistle
Blow my blues away

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, without Google . :-) Folsom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues

      Yes, we are all imprisoned... somehow... ;D ;D ;D

      Delete

    2. 85 songs about 50 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      London IIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I)
      Budapest II
      Bethlehem II
      New Orleans II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Memphis I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete