Sunday, May 19, 2019

Mister President is watching you…


Today is Sunday, the 19th of May 2019.

Kylie is calling from South Dakota.

Springfield, South Dakota, is a prison, Kylie says, the Andrew Dufresne State Prison.

I think you got this all wrong, I say. Andy Dufresne is the main character in Stephen King's novel Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption and the movie based upon. Google says you are talking about the Mike Durfee State Prison.

I do not want to talk about prisons at all, Kylie says. Would you like and come to visit Mount Rushmore with me, she asks the llama.

No, the llama says, I do not like tourists' attractions. And I do not like stoned presidents watching me.

Ok, Kylie says, whatever you want, animal.

You sound sad, I say to the llama.

I pity the poor Indians for their sacred mountains desecrated by the old, white man, the llama says.

Native Americans, Kylie says.

And I feel sorry for the buffaloes, the llama says. Or our buffa-bros as I like to call them.

What is wrong with you, dudes, I ask. Why so historical today?

You should have been here two hundred years ago, Kylie says. How the west was won and where it got us.

There was a time, the llama says, when I used to love Mike Oldfield and his endless anthems. Nowadays I think they are boring and he did the same 20 minute song over and over again throughout the 1970s.

Who writes these strange words for you, animal, Kylie asks. Bromford?

Pierre, the llama says.

Who is Pierre, I ask.

I do not know, Kylie says. Maybe a member of Mr. President, the good old Eurodance project from the 1990s.

Never mind, the llama says and hangs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment