Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 176

Today is Wednesday, the 15th of September 2021.

Crowned Woodnymph. Shimmer, shimmer. Flirr, flirr. Is that a sound in English?

Come on. Make the animals bigger again.

What about the green tree python (Morelia viridis)?


Some strange questions are answering themselves while posting the lyrics for the city quiz ...

 

"Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets to the Wind in Bromford)"

 

Wasted and wounded, it ain't what the moon did

Got what I paid for now

See ya tomorrow, hey Frank can I borrow

A couple of bucks from you?

To go waltzing Mathilda, waltzing Mathilda

You'll go a-waltzing Mathilda with me

 

I'm an innocent victim of a blinded alley

And tired of all these soldiers here

No one speaks English and everything's broken

And my Stacys are soaking wet

To go waltzing Mathilda, waltzing Mathilda

You'll go a-waltzing Mathilda with me

 

Now the dogs are barking and the taxi cab's parking

A lot they can do for me

I begged you to stab me, you tore my shirt open

And I'm down on my knees tonight

 

Old Bushmill's I staggered, you buried the dagger

Your silhouette window light

To go waltzing Mathilda, waltzing Mathilda

You'll go a-waltzing Mathilda with me

 

Now I lost my Saint Christopher now that I've kissed her

And the one-armed bandit knows

And the maverick Chinaman and the cold-blooded signs

And the girls down by the strip-tease shows

Go, waltzing Mathilda, waltzing Mathilda

You'll go a-waltzing Mathilda with me

 

No, I don't want your sympathy

The fugitives say that the streets aren't for dreaming now

Manslaughter dragnets and the ghosts that sell memories

They want a piece of the action anyhow

Go, waltzing Mathilda, waltzing Mathilda

You'll go a-waltzing Mathilda with me

 

And you can ask any sailor and the keys from the jailor

And the old men in wheelchairs know

That Mathilda's the defendant, she killed about a hundred

And she follows wherever you may go

Waltzing Mathilda, waltzing Mathilda

You'll go a-waltzing Mathilda with me

 

And it's a battered old suitcase to a hotel someplace

And a wound that will never heal

No prima donna, the perfume is on

An old shirt that is stained with blood and whiskey

And goodnight to the street sweepers

The night watchman flame keepers and goodnight, Mathilda too


3 comments:

  1. Never realized that Copenhagen was in that title ...

    Tom Waits - Tom Traubert's Blues (Four Sheets To The Wind In Copenhagen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where I am.

    254 songs about 131 different cities (and places).

    Copenhagen? I am pretty sure Bromford has more songs about this Danish Capital. Not on this list, yet.

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Moscow I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Shanghai I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete