Thursday, June 27, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 65

Today is Thursday, the 27th of June 2019.

This evening will be DARK.

And if there is a place to be it is the place to be. Come on. The sun is frying my brain. What do you expect from me?


"Goodnight Bromford"

I said goodnight BROMFORD
'Cause I'm awake in my room
I've been up for 38 hours
And it don't look like sleep's coming soon

'Cause I could break like a bird
Or I could swallow the sea
It seems like the daylight is coming
And no one is watching but me

But I don't mind the dark
Discovering the day
'Cause the night is a beautiful bright blue and gray

What brings me down now is love
'Cause I can never get enough
And what brings me down now is love
'Cause I can never get enough of love


And it's a dangerous time
For a heart on a wire
Shuttle from station to station
Noisily not knowing why

So I put my head on the ground
And the sky is a wheel
Spinning these days into things that I've lost
But you can keep all the years

But I don't mind the days
Gone rolling away
'Cause all this sunlight feels warm on my face today

But what brings me down now is love
'Cause I can never get enough
And what brings me down now is love
'Cause I can never get enough, never get enough
Never get enough, no no, never get enough, no oh no
And still I can never get enough of love

And what brings me, brings me down now is love
'Cause I can never get enough of love
I can never get enough of love
I can never ever get enough
I can never get enough of love

3 comments:

  1. Good night LA. It must be a Thursday, when you wake up and it is Thursday a week later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late, Berlin, too late...

      93 songs about 53 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Los Angeles IIIIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIII
      London IIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      San Francisco IIII
      Budapest II
      Bethlehem II
      New Orleans II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete
  2. Don't confuse me! Today is Wednesday, isn't it?

    Counting Crows - Goodnight L.A.

    ReplyDelete