Thursday, June 20, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 64


Today is Thursday, the 20th of June 2019. Happy Cadaver.

That is no rain, that is a flood. What have we done to you, Raingod?
(But I am cheating. Want to post this early tomorrow because of Happy Cadaver. So today is in fact Wednesday. But I will never ever tell you that.)

What's the city? What's the city? What's the city?

"Bromford, I'm Yours"

There is a city by the sea
A gentle company
I don't suppose you want to?

And as it tells its sorry tale
In harrowing detail
Its hollowness will haunt you

Its streets and boulevards
Orphans and oligarchs
And here's a plaintive melody
A truncated symphony.
An ocean's garbled vomit on the shore:
Bromford, I'm yours

O ladies, pleasant and demure
Hollow-cheek'd and sure
I can see your undies)
And all the boys you drag about
On empty, fallow fount
From Saturdays to Mondays.

You bridge and tunnel crowd
Hanging your trousers down at heel.
This is the realest thing
As ancient choirs sing
A rushing rabble revels from above
Bromford, my love.


O what a rush of ripe elan!
Languor on divans
Dalliant and dainty!

But the smell of burnt cocaine,
The dolor and the drain
It only makes me cranky

O great calamity,
Den of iniquity and tears
How I abhor this place
Its sweet and bitter taste
Has left me wretched, wretching on all fours
Bromford, I'm yours



3 comments:

  1. City of angels...again.😀Groetens...from a country far far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Groetens... There it is again that threatful word...

      The Decemberists - Los Angeles, I'm Yours

      Delete
    2. Watch out Berlin! Los Angeles is coming!

      92 songs about 53 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Berlin IIIIIII
      Los Angeles IIIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Amsterdam IIIII
      London IIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      San Francisco IIII
      Budapest II
      Bethlehem II
      New Orleans II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete