Thursday, June 13, 2019

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 63


Today is Quizday, the 13th of June 2019. World will end on a Thursday, the thirteenth. So maybe we'll have to face the end of the world later. Be prepared!

I jumped like Michael Jordan but never quite as high, because KrissKross will make you jump... JUMP... Strange days these are...


"Bromford"

Romero got married on the fifth of July
In our Lady of Immaculate Dawn
Could have got married in the revival man's tent
But there ain't no reviving what's gone
Slipped like a shadow from the family he made
In a little white house by the woods
Dropped the kids at the mission, with a rose for the virgin
She knew he was gone for good

It's a long way to Heaven, it's closer to Bromford
And that's still a long way from the place where we are
And if evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks
And the devil is a railroad car

Could have stayed somewhere but the train tracks kept going
And it seems like they always left soon
And the wolves that he ran with moaned low and painful
Sang sad miseries to the moon

It's a long way to Heaven, it's closer to Bromford
And that's still a long way from the place where we are
And if evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks
And the devil is a railroad car

Rose at the altar withered and wilted
Romero sank into a dream
He didn't make Heaven, he didn't make Bromford
He died in a hole in between
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train.


[What a bitter note you are singing here, Mister ...]






3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, that is right !!!

      Josh Ritter - Harrisburg

      Delete
    2. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I once knew a sweet girl from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. She called herself like that she-dog of that other person. But his shouldn't matter here. Waiting for the thunder storms but there is only wind in sight …

      91 songs about 53 different cities (and places):

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan III and Chelsea I) ***

      Berlin IIIIIII
      Los Angeles IIIIII (including Hollywood II)
      Amsterdam IIIII
      London IIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      San Francisco IIII
      Budapest II
      Bethlehem II
      New Orleans II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis II
      Manchester I
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Rome I
      Chicago I
      Philadelphia I
      Waterloo I
      Paris I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      Warsaw I
      West Palm Beach I
      Hong Kong I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Jerusalem I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I

      Not even a (real) city or place:
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete