Thursday, December 15, 2022

Bromford Below - Part 15

 
What is going on? This trip is becoming a nightmare. And the lead is dwindling. I always wanted to use these words without knowing if I am using them correct under these circumstances.

»My name is Sawyer«, the man in this next waggon says approaching with his right hand out for a shake. »May I interest you in buying some real estate or a Hawai'ian Island? Not very expensive and you'll have the whole island for yourselves. Your own private piece of paradise.«

How can a con-man can what a con-man can? I don't need more riddles.

»And Sawyer is your first or your last name?« the llama asks.

»My last name«, the man with the sun-bleached hair and three-day beard says. »I am from Nashville, Tennessee. Here take my business card.«

»And let me guess«, Nigel mixes in, »your first name is Tom? Tom Sawyer like in that novel by Mark Twain?«

»Oh, yes«, Sawyer says, »that's a strange coincidence, isn't it? But I always preferred Huckleberry Finn. But my most favourite novel is of course Watership Down by Douglas Adams.«

I can only repeat. What is going on? Dickens yesterday, Mark Twain today? Are we in a literature circle here all of a sudden? And there is something wrong with those rabbits and Douglas Adams.

»Did you know«, this Sawyer guy says - and I cannot help but thinking he was using the name James Ford when I met him twelve years ago. »Did you know that Douglas Adams is no part of the Adams Family, no uncle or cousin to Gomez or Wednesday Adams? And did you know that Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens?«

»And did you know«, the llama says mocking Sawyer's way of speaking, »that Foghorn Leghorn is a giant rooster in the Looney Toons?«

»I don't know what this has to do with anything I have said before«, Sawyer replies.

This kind of speech and behaviour does not suit this man. The seems more like the brooding type to me. But… not really if I think about it.

»This is a nightmare«, I say more to myself, »A real nightmare before Christmas. I wonder when Jack Skellington - the King of Halloween - will show up.«

»You know Jack?« Sawyer seems to be surprised. »He is my nemesis, my arch-enemy, you know. I think he lives in waggon 2 now.«

»So we'll always have something to look forward to«, I say shaking my head.

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„πŸŽ…
πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸ•―πŸŽ„
πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

"Bromford Blues"

Old Bromford
Tried to spit in your face
Old Bromford
Tried to spit in your face
Baby's grubbing whiskey
Oh, she's practicing

Old Bromford
Mean as they can be
Old Bromford
Mean as they can be
They use gunpowder
Just to sweeten the tea

Had a girl in Bromford
Sweetest girl in town
Had a girl in Bromford
Sweetest girl in town
But she met a sweet black man
And then she threw me down

Well, old Bromford
Can't keep man in jail
Old Bromford
Can't keep man in jail
Sure we call him guilty
Judge will cry and bail

Come back to Bromford
Me, my razor and my gun
Come back to Bromford
Me and my razor, my gun
Gonna cut her if she stands there
And shoot her if she runs




3 comments:

  1. Black mountain⛰️That's not a city😈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Mountain, New South Wales
    Black Mountain is a village situated between Armidale and Guyra, located on the Northern Tablelands in the New England region of New South Wales, Australia.

    And the llama put it in the list... So it is is is is is is a city...

    Nick Drake - Black Mountain Blues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Mountain now on rank 44 with two points ...

    349 songs about 179 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Kansas City II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete