Sunday, December 04, 2022

Bromford Below - Part 04


»You came from the mysterious last and now lost waggon of this train, didn't you?«

Oh, no, it happened again. Waggon 22 written above the windows to moving emptiness.

»It never happened before. I was all alone in this waggon for a long time now. I wonder what it means that you are here right now.«

Is this bald-headed guy with the scar across the right side of his face in Waggon - What is it? - 21 talking to us or to himself?

»Pardon, Sir« Professor Sideburns is addressing the weird man who is dressed in something that looks like an outdoor survival suit with way to many pockets, »I am Professor Sideburns. And you are?«

»I am John Locke, a philosopher and physician, widely regarded as one of the most influential of Enlightenment thinkers and commonly known as the 'father of liberalism'«, the man points out.

»No, you are not«, the llama says. »You are that weirdo from Apartment 4 who was on that walkabout in Australia's nature. And did you find yourself while eating all those kangaroos' testicals?«

»How rude of you«, Johnathan Locke complains. »Ordinary camelids like you will never understand the spiritual extensions given to you by…«

»… eating a lot of gruesome stuff«, the llama finishes his sentence.

Did I miss something here? Something like a lifelong enmity between these two, maybe?

»Life is like a train«, John Locke says. »And this train is getting shorter and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.«

»Are those arrows on the treasure map still pointing to the front of the train?« I ask Professor Sideburns.

The professor is nodding.

»Then there we should go«, I decide. »Maybe the train-driver can tell us what this is all about.«

Turned to Mr Locke I say, »You might want to join us. Our short experience on this underground train tells us that this waggon including you will disappear as soon as we set foot into the next waggon.«

»All saints and me know that«, John Locke says, »but I have got a purpose on this train and in this life and all the next ones. I will stay. But say Helen I love her if you meet her before me.«

Then he sits down in a lotus position starting to peel and eat an orange in a most peculiar way.

🎄🎄🎄🕯

"Bromford Infirmary Blues"

Oh, Koko

Well, folks, I'm goin' down to Bromford Infirmary
See my little baby there
She's stretched out on a long, white table
Well, she looks so good, so cold, so fair

Let her go, let her go, God bless her
Wherever she may be
You may search this whole wide world over
But you'll never find another sweetheart like me, yeah

Take apart your bones and put 'em back together
Tell your mama that you're somebody new
Feel the breeze blowin', tell 'em all "Look out, here it comes"
Now I can say whatever I feel like to you

Then get me six craps-shootin' pallbearers
Let a chorus girl sing me a song
Put a red-hot jazz band at the top so that we can raise
Hallelujah as we go along, well

Well, folks, now that you have heard my story
Say, boy, hand me another shot of that rye
And if anyone else should ask you
Just tell 'em I've got some of those Bromford Infirmary blues




3 comments:

  1. See, it's the second candle... 🕯🕯
    The White Stripes - St. James Infirmary Blues

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. James is new in this list...

    338 songs about 175 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Kansas City I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Black Mountain I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete