Monday, December 12, 2022

Bromford Below - Part 12


Paul Starr is playing a song called 'Kansas City' on his guitar.

»That's one of their earlier songs«, he says. »But don't tell Linda that I am playing guitar again. She is still looking for that cookie dough. She was baking with the children before we came here, if I remember correctly.«

»Stella? Mary? Heather? Beatrice Milly? James? Where are you?«

The blonde woman with the long hair is shouting way too loud through this almost empty subway waggon.

If I was superstitious I would worry now. If I am not miscounting we are in the 13th waggon right now. Or is it the twelfth since we arrived at the end of this train? Counting backwards or countdowns are still confusing me.

»Mom«, the five children of Paul and Linda Starr say turning around from their seats in the front of the waggon. »We are here.«

»And no«, Heather the oldest daughter says, »we still don't know where the kitchen, the oven and the cookie dough went.«

Nigel took the guitar from Paul and is doing some chords now.

»Maybe we can play and sing some songs while we are waiting?« Paul suggests.

»Waiting for what?« Nigel asks while giving him his guitar back.

»Waiting for a comeback of The Buggles?« the llama asks sarcastically. »Was 'Kansas City' one of their earlier songs?«

»Don't be silly«, Paul says. »And we are awaiting whatever awaits us as soon as this trains stops.«

He starts playing a song and singing along.

๐ŸŽต
A very merry Christmas
And a happy new year
Let′s hope it′s a good one
Without any fear
๐ŸŽถ

His wife and children join in as soon as they recognized the song.


»That's one of Uncle John's favourite«, Beatrice says to James. »And do you know who our Santa Claus used to be all these years?«

»Uncle John«, James says. »I recognized his boots that year at Christmas over at the cottage when I was five years old. He didn't change them with the rest of the costume when he came back to eat and celebrate with us.«

»Yes«, Beatrice Milly is nodding and smiling. »That was Uncle John.«

Linda is trying to hug her whole family at once.

»Nothing will harm us«, she says with tears in her eyes, »as long as we are together.«

And again I am staring at the emergency brakes signs.

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…
๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ•ฏ๐ŸŽ„


"Casa Bromford"

Entre casa y Bromford
Camino peleon
Entre tu mama y Bromford
Ni papa ni colchon
Entre colonia y Bromford
No te vayas de resbalon

Entre casa y Bromford
Camina la ilusion
Entre mama y Bromford
Camino sin perdon
Entre colonia y Bromford
No te vayas de resbalon
Entre gรผato y bacha
Camina la cucaracha
Entre poli y pelon
Camina la represion
Entre casa y Bromford
El camino esta cabron
Entre colonia y Bromford
No te vayas de resbalon




3 comments:

  1. Babylon is everywhere... Manu Chao - Casa Babylon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babylon with 7 Points on rank 7 now...

    346 songs about 179 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montrรฉal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Kansas City II
    Malice I
    San Josรฉ I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orlรฉans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Black Mountain I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    ๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™๐Ÿฆ™

    ReplyDelete