Saturday, May 02, 2020

Longer Efforts …


SELF STORAGE - THE REST OF ME

What a ridiculous name and thought. Who wants or needs to store himself?

I have put on my mouth and nose cover, left my penthouse on top of the apartment house and went to my rented storage space four blocks away from 666 Whitaker Lane in Bromford, the friendly town by the shore and seaside. Your friendly Bromford from the neighbourhood needs a neighbourhood, comes to my mind. What would your friendly Bromford from the neighbourhood be if there was no neighbourhood?

Miss Hester Mofet, the owner of this self storage gives me a nod from behind her own mask to cover her mouth and nose and from behind her transparent plexiglass shield protecting her counter.

Llama and I tried to tidy the penthouse a few months ago and we found a lot of stuff and junk we really did not need on a daily basis and we did not want to give or throw away. After our cellar department in the basement of 666 Whitaker Lane was full with part of that stuff we decided to rent some extra space in Miss Mofet's self storage. Well, I rented this space because I am the only one with kind of an income in our roommate relationship.

And it is time to lure llama out of that elevator shaft. And for some strange reason I am quite sure I will find something in the chests and cardboard boxes in the storage room that will make it so.

All this is on my mind while I open the old and rattling roll-up door. I switch on the light and my first look falls on an open paper box. It contains a colourful poncho, a big headscarf and a long hair wig - all once used by the animal to impersonate its' own cousin Consuela from Caracas some time ago. Slighty shaking I suddenly remember the creepy and bad make-up including lipstick and false eye-lashes.

Can this costume be something to make the animal leave the elevator cabin down the shaft again?

Maybe or may be not. And maybe another fortune cookie can tell. And maybe I am using to many ands at the beginning of my sentences. But who cares as long as I am using no ants.

Ant, the fortune cookie says,

Find out the right time.

Today is Saturday, the 2nd of May 2020.



1 comment:

  1. There is only one Consuela - THE ONE AND ONLY CONSUELA !!!
    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete