Tuesday, December 20, 2016

46 - Anechoic...


Come out, come out, wherever you are, Joe Darque shouts in his most eerie voice. I know that you are hiding right behind the hill next to my flying machine, kid.

Nanuk stops breathing.

I can still hear you, the dark man giggles. You are breathing far too loud. And that animal of yours is really very smelly. 

But doesn't his voice come from a totally different direction now?

K'eyush, the polar bear cub is right behind the little boy. He bites his sealskin anorak and drags him away from the voice.

Come on, little Eskimo, Joe Darque shouts, I can smell and taste your fear. Let me know your 50 words for snow and I will let you go.

50 words for snow? Nanuk doesn't know what he is talking about. But when he turns around to K'eyush the polar bear has turned all black from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail.

1 comment: