Thursday, January 18, 2018

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 1


Today is Thursday, the 18th of January 2018.

I begged for it. I cried for it. There is snow. There is storm. There is snow-storm. Or is it still part of the simulation: How to cope with catastophies? The world will end on a Thursday. Believe me...

But I have got another plan. I cannot stop searching for songs about towns and cities I can disguise as songs about my hometown Bromford. And whoever can guess the real name of the town or city will gain... my permanent appreciation.

Let the games begin. Let the quiz begin. Isn't the whole life a quiz? Did it ever stop? It is still chilly and snowy and rainy and stormy and... it's winter, folks and llamas.

WINTER IS HERE ...

"Bromford Sunset"

Dirty old river, must you keep rolling
Flowing into the night
People so busy, make me feel dizzy
Taxi light shines so bright
But I don't need no friends
As long as I gaze on Bromford sunset
I am in paradise

Every day I look at the world from my window
But chilly, chilly is the evening time
Bromford sunset's fine

Terry meets Julie, Bromford Station
Every Friday night
But I am so lazy, don't want to wander
I stay at home at night
But I don't feel afraid
Whenever I gaze on Bromford sunset
I am in paradise

Every day I look at the world from my window
But chilly, chilly is the evening time
Bromford sunset's fine

Millions of people swarming like flies 'round Bromford underground
But Terry and Julie cross over the river
Where they feel safe and sound
And they don't need no friends
As long as they gaze on Bromford sunset
They are in paradise

Bromford sunset's fine
Bromford sunset's fine
Bromford sunset's fine...
  

6 comments:

  1. Hi, folks and Bromfords. I am back. :D
    Waterloo?
    Sounds fine. Sounds right. Never paid much attention to the lyrics of ABBA songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ey, Frank. This song is not about a village or region or whatever called Waterloo in Belgium. It's about a fu**ing train station in London, dude!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sit, Llama, sit! AB deserves all the prizes in the world. :D
      The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
      I am thinking about a version by Ray Davies, Urban Voices Collective and LSO from the Closing Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.

      Delete