Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 165


Today is Wednesday, the 14th of July 2021.

In the last elections the wallabies voted for that one party

which demanded one wombat for each and every household.



"Bromford or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up


Can't afford to lose my head (lose my head)
Can't afford to lose my cool
You'll blow them all in kingdom come (kingdom come)
I can't afford to lose my tease
I just aim to please


Feel like a no-tell motel painting
Out of place or ignored
It's all medals and trophies, trophies and medals
All before the race has been run


(Oh, take off your mask) Take it off now baby
(Is it too much to ask?) Too much to ask
(Go on and give it a try) Let it up now
(Or kiss your ass goodbye) Goodbye


Autobiographical anonymous (anonymous)
A cotillion of friction on my jurisdiction
It's a lovely disguise with the wandering eyes (wandering eyes)
I get high, now you've got something to look up to


Trouble's a mangy stray dog
Play with it once, then it follows you home
It's all have nots, have nones, hey can I have some?
Until I've had enough yet I've had none


(Oh, take off your mask) Rip it off now baby
(Lose it into the trash) Throw it all away
(Go on and give it a try) Throw it all away
(Or kiss your ass goodbye)


Suddenly it gets easy
The sun goes down
The long arm of important things
Disappears in her gown


You finally drop the knife
Forget you ever
It's a goodnight, that ain't forever
It feels so good to give up, give in
In your arms


I know it hurts
It hurts to be young
Metamorphosis is pain
It hurts to be young
Gotta learn every Goddamn thing
You gotta hack your way through
And realize
It's almost entirely lies
But then you'll begin to smile
Smile for me
Real wide
Then you accept what you are
The transformation is done
You've become
Absorbed into and you know
I think I know what to do







3 comments:

  1. You're so true ...

    Them Crooked Vultures - Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. 243 songs about 125 different cities (and places).

    Warsaw - Three points. Only one rang plus for Warsaw.


    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea I and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIII)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Memphis IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Barcelona I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Belfast I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Moscow I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Shanghai I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Tulsa I
    Jupiter I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete