Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Donno … Part 11


* * * * * * * * * * *

» 'If I get the heart and the liver of Kylie Golden-tresses, my daughter, to eat, I shall be well.' «

» The field-working farmer father was ill? « complained the llama. » Did I miss something here? «

» Be quiet, my dear anifriend, « the old man said obviously proud of having invented a new word. » If I may explain - anifriend being a combination of the words animal and… «

» Ah, go on! « The llama was not interested at all.

» Now it happened about this time that the son of the great King had come from abroad to ask Kylie Golden-tresses for marrying. The fieldsman now agreed to this, and they went abroad.

The fieldsman then went and sent Bromford Curly-locks to the hunting-hill for a he-goat, and he gave its heart and its liver to his wife to eat; and the henwife rose well and healthy. «

The llama sighed.

» So this story is about cannibalism in the family. Very good, stepmother, very gentle. But go on. Go on! «

* * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment