Today is Saturday, the 8th of August 2026.
I want to establish and celebrate my own personal holidays, my own private anniversaries known and shared by the few. And I want to use it as an excuse for posting some more song lyrics in this strange city-song quiz of mine, as long as the internet will let me do so.
So, here and now, I solemnly declare this day - once and once more and forevermore -
»The Day of the Shadows of the Past«.
Celebrate with me. Or celebrate your own kind of music. It will be twenty years next year.
Have a nice one.
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
"Bromford"
I was down in Bromford
Almost hurt myself to death
I pushed myself so hard just like the redlight girls
Well I cried and stopped to smile
I thought my career is over
And the dealer boys they had to bring me water
I stumbled over mountains
And the SHADOWS of the street
I fell into the river
I cried and begged for mercy
And I talked to God on the telephone
But I really can't tell you what he told me
But it was a lie
No I really can't tell you what he told me
But it was a lie
When I came to in Bromford
The hotel showed a movie
With Marlon Brando and his friend Pacino
Well I thought that this is nice
And I'm sure I can relax now
But suddenly the room was full of demons
I escaped through the window
Almost ran a mile away
I had nowhere to go
So I cried and begged for mercy
And I talked to God on the telephone
But I really can't tell you what he told me
But it was a lie
No I really can't tell you what he told me
But it was a lie
But nothing seems to matter
In this lonesome dirty town
But for a short brief moment
I thought she was the one
And she and I were fighting
About sex, love and TV
That's why I had to get down
And talk to God on the telephone
But I really can't tell you what he told me
But it was a lie
No I really can't tell you what he told me
But it was a lie
"Bromford Skies"
Bromford skies
SHADOWS beneath your eyes
All we have now
(And the arc of your brow)
You came to leave these shores
An inkling in your pores
We came to bid farewell
The tears began to swell
Oh, I don't think she knew
I can't forget her
The dark withholds
And lives unfold
We always slept so well
Our bodies seemed to gel
The mind persists
We have thoughts to exist
It was a test I failed
Her passion never paled
Oh, I don't think she knew
How much I loved her
Oh, I don't think she knew
Is this the thrill of the chase?
How can I keep up the pace?
Bromford skies
SHADOWS beneath your eyes
We always slept so well
The presents casts a spell
You said we never talked
But there's a lightness that it brought
Refracting all my sins
We never lacked a thing
Oh, I don't think she knew
How much I loved her
Oh, I don't think she knew
Oh Rebecca, your loss was mine too
Did you ever feel the thrill of the chase?
The breath on your neck in the locked embrace
Did you ever feel the thrill of the chase?
The hairs on your neck in a lost embrace
I love the tiny veins on your back
They remind me of the way porcelain cracks
Bromford skies
SHADOWS beneath your eyes
All we have now
(And the arc of your brow)
You came to leave these shores
An inkling in your pores
We came to bid farewell
The tears began to swell
Oh, I don't think she knew
I can't forget her
The dark withholds
And lives unfold
We always slept so well
Our bodies seemed to gel
The mind persists
We have thoughts to exist
It was a test I failed
Her passion never paled
Oh, I don't think she knew
How much I loved her
Oh, I don't think she knew
Is this the thrill of the chase?
How can I keep up the pace?
Bromford skies
SHADOWS beneath your eyes
We always slept so well
The presents casts a spell
You said we never talked
But there's a lightness that it brought
Refracting all my sins
We never lacked a thing
Oh, I don't think she knew
How much I loved her
Oh, I don't think she knew
Oh Rebecca, your loss was mine too
Did you ever feel the thrill of the chase?
The breath on your neck in the locked embrace
Did you ever feel the thrill of the chase?
The hairs on your neck in a lost embrace
I love the tiny veins on your back
They remind me of the way porcelain cracks


Amsterdam. Can you believe it... 19 years... Und uns bleibt immer noch Paris
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable...
DeleteMando Diao - Amsterdam
Maxїmo Park - Parisian Skies
Amsterdam
DeleteParis - both hold their position
697 songs about 294 different cities (and places)
*** Earth IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ***
New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn IIII and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I)
Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Soho II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Hampstead I)
California IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
Berlin IIIIIIIIIIIII
Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
Memphis IIIIIIIIII
Eden IIIIIIIIII
Paris IIIIIIIIII
Amsterdam IIIIIIIII
Jerusalem IIIIIIII
Temple IIIIIIII
San Francisco IIIIIIII
Bethlehem IIIIII
Mars IIIIII
Eldorado (aka. El Dorado) IIIIII
Chicago IIIIII
Las Vegas IIIII
Lily IIIII
Venus IIIII
Virginia IIIII
Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
Seattle IIII
Baltimore IIII
Detroit IIII
Boston IIII
Liverpool IIII
Jupiter IIII
Carolina IIII
New Orleans IIII
Shanghai IIII
Nashville IIII
Philadelphia III
Manchester III
Houston III
Moscow III
Rome III
Kansas City III
Miami III
Berkeley III
Tijuana III
Hong Kong III
Texas III
Horizon III
Budapest II
Acapulco II
Montréal II
Galway II
Washington II
Barcelona II
Belfast II
Tulsa II
Copenhagen II
Damascus II
Vienna II
Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
Jericho II
Black Mountain II
Soma II
Bangkok II
Dallas II
Istanbul II
Oklahoma II
Buffalo II
Pittsburgh II
Brighton II
Singapore II
Santiago II
Tupelo II
Perth II (including Baskerville I)
Venice II
Altar II
Honolulu II (including Waikiki I)
Tombstone II
Mercury II
Dublin II
Jacksonville II
Omaha II
Metropolis II
Anchor II
Minneapolis II
Baghdad II
São Paulo II
Brownsville II
Malice I
San José I
Scarborough I
Atlantic City I
Pompeii I
Waterloo I
Pyongyang I
Yarmouth I
Santa Maria Da Feira I
West Palm Beach I
Cologne I
Monterey I
Starkville I
Odessa I
Leningrad I
Fribourg I
Montgomery I
Folsom I
Sanibel I
Harrisburg I
Gloucester I
Calgary I
Blackfield I
Gainesville I
Chernobyl I
Grevenbroich I
Mason City I
Benton I
San Jacinto I
Cairo I
Grafton I
Nazareth I
Aurora I
Durango I
Donkey Town I
Key West I
Laredo I
Durban I
Bowenville I
Woodstock I
Kalispell I
Gaza I
Oxford I
Orléans I
Kilronan I
Santa Fe I
Leicester I
Saskatoon I
Poughkeepsie I
Twin Falls I
Greenwich I
Ottawa I
Red Lake I
Sapokanikan I
Tokyo I
Guernica I
Port I
Sheffield I
Skara Brae I
Grantchester I
Bingen I
Columbia I
Marquette I
Salisbury I
Birnam I
Ramada I
Putnam I
Sterling I
Pittsfield I
Driftwood I
New Danville I
New Paris I
Muskegon I
Sapporo I
Johnsburg I
St. Charles I
Tipperary I
Sherwood I
Juno I
Aberdeen I
Margarita I
Highland I
Millbrook I
Southampton I
Central City I
San Bernardino I
Westfall I
Guajira I
Sarajevo I
Zebulon I
Asbury Park I
St. Lawrence I
Santa Monica I
Mount Airy I
Valparaiso I
Atlanta I
Galveston I
Grenville I
Heartland I
Sedan I
Blanchard I
St. James I
Saginaw I
Ceylon City I
Bristol I
Vatican I
Normal I
Baton Rouge I
Mansfield I
Shiloh I
Darlington I
Halcyon I
Lantana I
Roscoe I
Knutsford I
Indiana I
Reno I
Quantico I
Syracuse I
Innisfree I
Marrakesh I
Clare I
Coconut Grove I
San Antonio I
Antioch I
Evergreen I
Brisbane I
Romulus I
Trondheim I
Santa Ana I
Birmingham I
Ibiza I
Leon I
El Paso I
Nelson I
Red River I
Little Rock I
Göttingen I
Orlando I
Delta I
Savannah I
Suez I
Chelsea I
Rio de Janeiro I (including Ipanema I)
Knoxville I
Barley I
Ritchfield I
Monroe I
Los Feliz I
Shangdu / Xanadu I
Wismar I
Saigon I
Ocean City I
Kolkata I
Wallowa City I
Clarksdale I
Fort Wayne I
Jackson I
Alamo I
La Brea I
Mamelodi I
Locust Valley I
Juárez I
Kingsport I
Columbus I
Brunswick I
Caledonia I
Saint-Jérôme I
Saint Augustine I
Yorktown I
Banga I
Halifax I
Caroline I
DeleteTalbot I
Aspen I
Pushkin I
Sault Saint Marie I
Mexico City I
Colorado I
Providence I
St. Teresa I
Minnesota City I
Marion I
Provincetown I
Murnau I
Gibraltar I
Fox Point I
Charleroi I
Kissimmee I
Amarillo I
Excelsior I
Kyoto I
Seoul I
Point Blank I
Marea I
Point Blank I
Marea I
Cali I
Not even really a (real) city or place:
Jersey III
Gomorrah II
Essex II
Albion I
Idaho I
Atlantis I
Camelot I
A City With No Name I
Drywood I
🦙🦙🦙