Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Not So Total Eclipse … / Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 483 & Part 484

 

Today is Wednesday, the 12th of August 2026.

Is Bromford in the North Atlantic Sea?
It does not matter. I will celebrate the Total Solar Eclipse anyways.
Someone is eating the SUN - like a big pancake directly from the pan.
We have got to blame Hen, Rooster, Duck, Pig and Goat, but not Turtle.
Turtle is wise. All these animals again …

☀☀☀
☀☀☀
☀☀☀
☀☀☀


"Bromford Calling"

Bromford calling to the faraway towns
Now war is declared, and battle come down
Bromford calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls
Bromford calling, now don't look to us
Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
Bromford calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the ring of that truncheon thing

The ice age is coming, the SUN's zooming in
Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
'Cause Bromford is drowning, and I live by the river

Bromford calling to the imitation zone
Forget it, brother, you can go it alone
Bromford calling to the zombies of death
Quit holding out, and draw another breath
Bromford calling, and I don't wanna shout
But while we were talking, I saw you nodding out
Bromford calling, see we ain't got no high
Except for that one with the yellowy eyes

The ice age is coming, the SUN's zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
'Cause Bromford is drowning, and I live by the river

The ice age is coming, the SUN's zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
'Cause Bromford is drowning, and I live by the river

Now get this

Bromford calling, yes, I was there, too
An' you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!
Bromford calling at the top of the dial
After all this, won't you give me a smile?
Bromford calling

I never felt so much alike alike alike alike


"Bromford"

Once we were young, we had no plans
What simplicity of love
We used to get it, to get it all
We weren’t scared to fail and fall

Now all I can do is to stand
And watch those new boys in the game
How they’re laughing and having fun
Making rules under the SUN

I won’t win her pretty eyes tonight
It’s been so long since I played it right
I’ll get to Bromford and halfway back
Before she’ll even notice I’m around

They used to call me the city queen
But now God’s playing his jokes on me
I’m all alone, far from the city
I’ve got no room, no time for dreams

I won’t win her pretty eyes tonight
It’s been so long since I played it right
I’ll get to Bromford and halfway back
Before she’ll even notice I’m around

Once we were young, we had no plans
What simplicity of love
We used to get it, to get it all
We had no time to fail and fall

I won’t win her pretty eyes tonight
It’s been so long since I played it right
I’ll get to Bromford and halfway back
Before she’ll even notice I’m around

Once we were young, we had no plans
What simplicity of love
We used to get it, to get it all
We weren't scared to fail and fall




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. London is calling and did you see the drops of Jupiter during the eclipse?

      The Clash - London Calling
      Blackfield - Jupiter

      Delete
    2. London remains on rank four...
      And I don't know what Jupiter does...

      701 songs about 295 different cities (and places)

      *** Earth IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ***

      New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn IIII and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
      London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Soho II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Hampstead I)
      California IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Berlin IIIIIIIIIIIII
      Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis IIIIIIIIII
      Eden IIIIIIIIII
      Paris IIIIIIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIIIIIII
      Jerusalem IIIIIIII
      Temple IIIIIIII
      San Francisco IIIIIIII
      Bethlehem IIIIII
      Mars IIIIII
      Eldorado (aka. El Dorado) IIIIII
      Chicago IIIIII
      Lily IIIIII
      Las Vegas IIIII
      Venus IIIII
      Virginia IIIII
      Jupiter IIIII
      Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
      Seattle IIII
      Baltimore IIII
      Detroit IIII
      Boston IIII
      Liverpool IIII
      Carolina IIII
      New Orleans IIII
      Shanghai IIII
      Nashville IIII
      Philadelphia III
      Manchester III
      Houston III
      Moscow III
      Rome III
      Kansas City III
      Miami III
      Berkeley III
      Tijuana III
      Hong Kong III
      Texas III
      Horizon III
      Budapest II
      Acapulco II
      Montréal II
      Galway II
      Washington II
      Barcelona II
      Belfast II
      Tulsa II
      Copenhagen II
      Damascus II
      Vienna II
      Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
      Jericho II
      Black Mountain II
      Soma II
      Bangkok II
      Dallas II
      Istanbul II
      Oklahoma II
      Buffalo II
      Pittsburgh II
      Brighton II
      Singapore II
      Santiago II
      Tupelo II
      Perth II (including Baskerville I)
      Venice II
      Altar II
      Honolulu II (including Waikiki I)
      Tombstone II
      Mercury II
      Dublin II
      Jacksonville II
      Omaha II
      Metropolis II
      Anchor II
      Minneapolis II
      Baghdad II
      São Paulo II
      Brownsville II
      Malice I
      San José I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Leningrad I
      Fribourg I
      Montgomery I
      Folsom I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Blackfield I
      Gainesville I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I
      Bowenville I
      Woodstock I
      Kalispell I
      Gaza I
      Oxford I
      Orléans I
      Kilronan I
      Santa Fe I
      Leicester I
      Saskatoon I
      Poughkeepsie I
      Twin Falls I
      Greenwich I
      Ottawa I
      Red Lake I
      Sapokanikan I
      Tokyo I
      Guernica I
      Port I
      Sheffield I
      Skara Brae I
      Grantchester I
      Bingen I
      Columbia I
      Marquette I
      Salisbury I
      Birnam I
      Ramada I
      Putnam I
      Sterling I
      Pittsfield I
      Driftwood I
      New Danville I
      New Paris I
      Muskegon I
      Sapporo I
      Johnsburg I
      St. Charles I
      Tipperary I
      Sherwood I
      Juno I
      Aberdeen I
      Margarita I
      Highland I
      Millbrook I
      Southampton I
      Central City I
      San Bernardino I
      Westfall I
      Guajira I
      Sarajevo I
      Zebulon I
      Asbury Park I
      St. Lawrence I
      Santa Monica I
      Mount Airy I
      Valparaiso I
      Atlanta I
      Galveston I
      Grenville I
      Heartland I
      Sedan I
      Blanchard I
      St. James I
      Saginaw I
      Ceylon City I
      Bristol I
      Vatican I
      Normal I
      Baton Rouge I
      Mansfield I
      Shiloh I
      Darlington I
      Halcyon I
      Lantana I
      Roscoe I
      Knutsford I
      Indiana I
      Reno I
      Quantico I
      Syracuse I
      Innisfree I
      Marrakesh I
      Clare I
      Coconut Grove I
      San Antonio I
      Antioch I
      Evergreen I
      Brisbane I
      Romulus I
      Trondheim I
      Santa Ana I
      Birmingham I
      Ibiza I
      Leon I
      El Paso I
      Nelson I
      Red River I
      Little Rock I
      Göttingen I
      Orlando I
      Delta I
      Savannah I
      Suez I
      Chelsea I
      Rio de Janeiro I (including Ipanema I)
      Knoxville I
      Barley I
      Ritchfield I
      Monroe I
      Los Feliz I
      Shangdu / Xanadu I
      Wismar I
      Saigon I
      Ocean City I
      Kolkata I
      Wallowa City I
      Clarksdale I
      Fort Wayne I
      Jackson I
      Alamo I
      La Brea I
      Mamelodi I
      Locust Valley I
      Juárez I
      Kingsport I
      Columbus I
      Brunswick I
      Caledonia I
      Saint-Jérôme I
      Saint Augustine I
      Yorktown I
      Banga I
      Halifax I

      Delete
    3. Caroline I
      Talbot I
      Aspen I
      Pushkin I
      Sault Saint Marie I
      Mexico City I
      Colorado I
      Providence I
      St. Teresa I
      Minnesota City I
      Marion I
      Provincetown I
      Murnau I
      Gibraltar I
      Fox Point I
      Charleroi I
      Kissimmee I
      Amarillo I
      Excelsior I
      Kyoto I
      Seoul I
      Point Blank I
      Marea I
      Point Blank I
      Marea I
      Cali I
      Burr I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      Gomorrah II
      Essex II
      Albion I
      Idaho I
      Atlantis I
      Camelot I
      A City With No Name I
      Drywood I

      🦙🦙🦙

      Delete
    4. 🦙🦙🦙 But what am I doing here? I'm not around! I am definitely not around... 🦙🦙🦙

      Delete