Saturday, July 18, 2026

Blogsday !!! / Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 471 & Part 472

Today is Saturday, the 18th of July 2026.

Today is BLOGSDAY !!! 
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME !!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME !!!

And what better way to celebrate an anniversary than with a city-song-quiz?

🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞
🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞


"Bromford"

Day off in Bromford, got bored at the temple
Looked around at the 7-11
The band took the speed train, went to the arcade
I wanted to go but I didn't
You called me from a payphone, they still got pay phones
It costs a dollar a minute
To tell me you're getting sober and you wrote me a letter
But I don't have to read it

I'm gonna kill you
If you don't beat me to it
Dreaming through Tokyo skies
I wanted to see the world
Then I flew over the ocean
And I changed my mind

Sunset's been a freak show
On the weekend so I've been driving out to the suburbs
To park at the Goodwill and stare at the chem trails
With my little brother
He said you called on his BIRTHDAY
You were off by like ten days
But you get a few points for trying
Remember getting the truck fixed when you let us drive it
25 felt like flying

I don't forgive you
But please don't hold me to it
Born under Scorpio skies
I wanted to see the world
Through your eyes until it happened
Then I changed my mind

Guess I lied
I'm a liar
Who lies
'Cause I'm a liar




















"Sitting In Bromford"

I'll be coming home soon
Be in your arms by the fall of daylight

And there's the usual complications
Flights changed and delayed, and I'm sitting in Bromford

But I'm coming home soon
I can feel the sheets in our bedroom

And there's the usual situations
One week, they said, at the start of June

I wanted you to think I was okay
But I'm coming home
As quick as the plane
Will carry me to you

I'll be coming home soon
We'll be lying on the couch, telling each other stories

And there's the usual situations
Flights changed on my BIRTHDAY
I'm on my own

I wanted you to think I was okay
But I'm coming home
As quick as the plane
Will carry me to you

You are my light
Are my love
Of my life
All these years
All this time
It's not yours
It's not mine

I wanted you to think I was okay
But I'm coming home
As quick as the plane
Will carry me to you

I'll be coming home soon
I'll be coming home soon
I'll be coming home soon
I'll be coming home soon





4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Kyoto and Seoul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now, we are in Asia...

      Phoebe Bridgers - Kyoto
      Angus & Julia Stone - Sitting In Seoul

      Delete
    2. Yōkoso, Kyōto!
      Seoul-e osin geos-eul hwan-yeonghabnida!

      689 songs about 291 different cities (and places)

      *** Earth IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ***

      New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
      London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Soho II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Hampstead I)
      California IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Berlin IIIIIIIIIIIII
      Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis IIIIIIIIII
      Eden IIIIIIIIII
      Paris IIIIIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIIIIII
      Jerusalem IIIIIIII
      Temple IIIIIIII
      San Francisco IIIIIIII
      Bethlehem IIIIII
      Mars IIIIII
      Eldorado (aka. El Dorado) IIIIII
      Chicago IIIIII
      Las Vegas IIIII
      Lily IIIII
      Venus IIIII
      Virginia IIIII
      Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
      Seattle IIII
      Baltimore IIII
      Detroit IIII
      Boston IIII
      Liverpool IIII
      Jupiter IIII
      Carolina IIII
      New Orleans IIII
      Shanghai IIII
      Nashville IIII
      Philadelphia III
      Manchester III
      Houston III
      Moscow III
      Rome III
      Kansas City III
      Miami III
      Berkeley III
      Tijuana III
      Hong Kong III
      Texas III
      Horizon III
      Budapest II
      Acapulco II
      Montréal II
      Galway II
      Washington II
      Barcelona II
      Belfast II
      Tulsa II
      Copenhagen II
      Damascus II
      Vienna II
      Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
      Jericho II
      Black Mountain II
      Soma II
      Bangkok II
      Dallas II
      Istanbul II
      Oklahoma II
      Buffalo II
      Pittsburgh II
      Brighton II
      Singapore II
      Santiago II
      Tupelo II
      Perth II (including Baskerville I)
      Venice II
      Altar II
      Honolulu II (including Waikiki I)
      Tombstone II
      Mercury II
      Dublin II
      Jacksonville II
      Omaha II
      Metropolis II
      Anchor II
      Minneapolis II
      Baghdad II
      São Paulo II
      Brownsville II
      Malice I
      San José I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Leningrad I
      Fribourg I
      Montgomery I
      Folsom I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Blackfield I
      Gainesville I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I
      Bowenville I
      Woodstock I
      Kalispell I
      Gaza I
      Oxford I
      Orléans I
      Kilronan I
      Santa Fe I
      Leicester I
      Saskatoon I
      Poughkeepsie I
      Twin Falls I
      Greenwich I
      Ottawa I
      Red Lake I
      Sapokanikan I
      Tokyo I
      Guernica I
      Port I
      Sheffield I
      Skara Brae I
      Grantchester I
      Bingen I
      Columbia I
      Marquette I
      Salisbury I
      Birnam I
      Ramada I
      Putnam I
      Sterling I
      Pittsfield I
      Driftwood I
      New Danville I
      New Paris I
      Muskegon I
      Sapporo I
      Johnsburg I
      St. Charles I
      Tipperary I
      Sherwood I
      Juno I
      Aberdeen I
      Margarita I
      Highland I
      Millbrook I
      Southampton I
      Central City I
      San Bernardino I
      Westfall I
      Guajira I
      Sarajevo I
      Zebulon I
      Asbury Park I
      St. Lawrence I
      Santa Monica I
      Mount Airy I
      Valparaiso I
      Atlanta I
      Galveston I
      Grenville I
      Heartland I
      Sedan I
      Blanchard I
      St. James I
      Saginaw I
      Ceylon City I
      Bristol I
      Vatican I
      Normal I
      Baton Rouge I
      Mansfield I
      Shiloh I
      Darlington I
      Halcyon I
      Lantana I
      Roscoe I
      Knutsford I
      Indiana I
      Reno I
      Quantico I
      Syracuse I
      Innisfree I
      Marrakesh I
      Clare I
      Coconut Grove I
      San Antonio I
      Antioch I
      Evergreen I
      Brisbane I
      Romulus I
      Trondheim I
      Santa Ana I
      Birmingham I
      Ibiza I
      Leon I
      El Paso I
      Nelson I
      Red River I
      Little Rock I
      Göttingen I
      Orlando I
      Delta I
      Savannah I
      Suez I
      Chelsea I
      Rio de Janeiro I (including Ipanema I)
      Knoxville I
      Barley I
      Ritchfield I
      Monroe I
      Los Feliz I
      Shangdu / Xanadu I
      Wismar I
      Saigon I
      Ocean City I
      Kolkata I
      Wallowa City I
      Clarksdale I
      Fort Wayne I
      Jackson I
      Alamo I
      La Brea I
      Mamelodi I
      Locust Valley I
      Juárez I
      Kingsport I
      Columbus I
      Brunswick I
      Caledonia I
      Saint-Jérôme I
      Saint Augustine I
      Yorktown I
      Banga I
      Halifax I

      Delete
    3. Caroline I
      Talbot I
      Aspen I
      Pushkin I
      Sault Saint Marie I
      Mexico City I
      Colorado I
      Providence I
      St. Teresa I
      Minnesota City I
      Marion I
      Provincetown I
      Murnau I
      Gibraltar I
      Fox Point I
      Charleroi I
      Kissimmee I
      Amarillo I
      Excelsior I
      Kyoto I
      Seoul I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      Gomorrah II
      Essex II
      Albion I
      Idaho I
      Atlantis I
      Camelot I
      A City With No Name I
      Drywood I

      🦙🦙🦙

      Delete