Thursday, July 09, 2026

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 467 & Part 468

 
Today is Thursday, the 9th of July 2026.

Why are you looking so desperate, owl? the foxes asked Twenty-Five, our little tawny owl.

There are too many, too, too many, the owl mumbled.

Too many what? asked the wolves.

Too many songs, the owl continued mumbling. I wanted to give the readers a city song quiz every eight days or so, also to give them an insight into a certain person's music collection. But there are more and more songs and more and more names of villages, towns and cities. Imagine! Suddenly there are towns called War and villages called Stone. And all those songs about Stones and Wars… How can I ever finish the city song quiz cycle? How, canids, how? Tell me how...

Just ignore the songs about War and Stone, suggested one of the guide dogs.

That would feel like cheating, Twenty-Five sighed.

Like that one time, peeped one of the chicks, when you said that the next single animal to join us could easily become our next leader?

And it was shushed by the other chicks immediately.

I like being an assistance dog, said the assistance dog and kept on assisting.

And the owl whispered, 'We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be,' as Kurt Vonnegut said.

And other members of the Canid family - nine poodles joined the one assistance dog, the twenty-three guide dogs, the fifteen orangutons, the seven gorillas, the thirty thirsty monkeys, the twenty-two dragons, the fourteen hens, the six unicorns, the twenty-eight horses, the twenty zebras, the twelve frogs, the four pandas, the twenty-seven koalas, the twenty bears, the nineteen hares, the eleven hamsters, the three mice, the twenty-three wild boars, the fifteen pigs, the thirty cows, the twenty-two raccoons, the fourteen foxes, the six giraffes, the twenty-nine tigers, the twenty-three lions, the fifteen face-cats, the seven wolves, the thirty dogs, the twenty-two face-monkeys, the fourteen speak-no-evil-monkeys, the six hear-no-evil-monkeys, the twenty-eight see-no-evil-monkeys, the twenty astro-cats, the twelve hipster-cats, the four dragon cats, the twenty-seven hacker cats, the nineteen stunt cats, the eleven ninja-cats, the three pouting cats, the twenty-six crying cats, the eighteen weary cats, the ten kissing cats, the two cats with wry smiles, the twenty-four smiling cats with heart-eyes, the sixteen cats with tears of joy, the eight grinning cats with smiling eyes, the thirty-one grinning cats, the twenty-three spiders, the fifteen scorpions, the seven ladybugs, the twenty-nine bees, the twenty-one ants, the thirty crickets, the twenty-two mosquitoes, the fourteen caterpillars, the six snails, the twenty-six butterflies, the eighteen bats, the ten more chicks, the two chicks, the twenty-five chicks, the seventeen penguins, the nine little red birds, and the one little tawny owl…

🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩🐩

"Bromford 1972"

I had a DOG named Banjo and a girl named Muffin
I'd just blew in from Texas and I didn't know nothing
I found my way around this town with a friend I made named Guy
Who loved Susanna and so did I

Now there was this run down shack on Acklen Avenue
That I shared with Skinny Dennis
And a poet name of Richard Dobson who had a novel he'd never finish
That's when Johnny Rodrigues, David Olney and Steve Earle first came through
And every other guitar bum whose name I never knew

Old School Bromford, Harlan Howard, Bob McDill
Tom T Hall go drink your fill and blow us all away

There was this tight-rope-walker who called herself the queen of Poughkeepsie
Who ran away from the circus with some roustabout redneck gypsy
They were Townes Van Zandt fans and prone to combustion
They fought like DOGS in Spanish and made love in Russian

I wish Newberry and Buck White would drop on by the house tonight
Things have changed round here you bet, but it don't seem much better yet

I first met Willie Nelson with some friends at a party
I was twenty-two years old and he was pushing forty
There was hippies and reefer and God knows what all I was drinking pretty hard
I played him this shitty song I wrote and puked out in the yard

Old School Bromford, Harlan Howard, Bob McDill
Tom T Hall go drink your fill and blow us all away

"Bromford Freaks"

Hot milk
Mmmm... tweak my nipple
Champagne and ripple
Shamans go cripple
My sales go triple
We drop lobotomy beats
Evaporated meats
On hi-tech street
We go solo
Dance floors and talk shows
Hot DOGS, No Doz
Hot Sex in back rows

I wanna know what makes you scream
Be your twenty million dollar fantasy
Treat you real good
Expensive jeans
Bromford freaks on the Bromford scene
Related

Touch it real good if you want a piece
Party people know I'm that type of freak

People look so snooty
Take pills make them moody
Automatic bzooty
Zero to tutti fruitti
Sex in the halls
Niagra Falls
Local shopping malls receive
Anonymous calls
Hot like a cheetah
Neon mamacita
Eat at tacoria
Pop lockin' beats from Korea
Looking like jail bait
Selling lots of real estate
Looking like a hot date
Banging like an 808
Photos

Do you want to feel this?
Do you want to feel this?

Norman Schwartzkoff
Something tells me you want to go home
Champagne, bibles
Custom clothes you own
Calling up from special area codes
Bromford nuns with the Bromford phones
I got nothing to do, nowhere to go
I'll tell you what you want
If you want to know
Satin sheets
Tropical oils
Turn up the heat
Till the swimming pool boils
Let all the neighbors
Read it in the papers
Making all those gentlemen cry
Realistic tears

Jockin my Mercedes
Probably have my baby
Shop at Old Navy
He wish he was a Lady


5 comments:

  1. Nashville and Hollywood You sent me the Songs yesterday 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 💫 Time is in turmoil... Yesterday is tomorrow... And tomorrow starts today... 💫

      Delete
    2. 💿🎶💿
      Rodney Crowell - Nashville 1972
      Beck - Hollywood Freaks
      🎶💿🎶

      Delete
    3. Nashville and Hollywood... music and movies...

      685 songs about 289 different cities (and places)

      *** Earth IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ***

      New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
      London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Soho II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Hampstead I)
      California IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Berlin IIIIIIIIIIIII
      Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Memphis IIIIIIIIII
      Eden IIIIIIIIII
      Amsterdam IIIIIIII
      Jerusalem IIIIIIII
      Temple IIIIIIII
      Paris IIIIIIII
      San Francisco IIIIIIII
      Bethlehem IIIIII
      Mars IIIIII
      Eldorado (aka. El Dorado) IIIIII
      Chicago IIIIII
      Las Vegas IIIII
      Lily IIIII
      Venus IIIII
      Virginia IIIII
      Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
      Seattle IIII
      Baltimore IIII
      Detroit IIII
      Boston IIII
      Liverpool IIII
      Jupiter IIII
      Carolina IIII
      New Orleans IIII
      Shanghai IIII
      Nashville IIII
      Philadelphia III
      Manchester III
      Houston III
      Moscow III
      Rome III
      Kansas City III
      Miami III
      Berkeley III
      Tijuana III
      Hong Kong III
      Texas III
      Budapest II
      Acapulco II
      Montréal II
      Galway II
      Washington II
      Barcelona II
      Belfast II
      Tulsa II
      Copenhagen II
      Damascus II
      Vienna II
      Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
      Jericho II
      Black Mountain II
      Soma II
      Bangkok II
      Dallas II
      Istanbul II
      Oklahoma II
      Buffalo II
      Pittsburgh II
      Brighton II
      Singapore II
      Santiago II
      Tupelo II
      Perth II (including Baskerville I)
      Venice II
      Altar II
      Honolulu II (including Waikiki I)
      Tombstone II
      Mercury II
      Dublin II
      Jacksonville II
      Omaha II
      Metropolis II
      Anchor II
      Minneapolis II
      Baghdad II
      São Paulo II
      Brownsville II
      Horizon II
      Malice I
      San José I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Pompeii I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Leningrad I
      Fribourg I
      Montgomery I
      Folsom I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Gloucester I
      Calgary I
      Blackfield I
      Gainesville I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Nazareth I
      Aurora I
      Durango I
      Donkey Town I
      Key West I
      Laredo I
      Durban I
      Bowenville I
      Woodstock I
      Kalispell I
      Gaza I
      Oxford I
      Orléans I
      Kilronan I
      Santa Fe I
      Leicester I
      Saskatoon I
      Poughkeepsie I
      Twin Falls I
      Greenwich I
      Ottawa I
      Red Lake I
      Sapokanikan I
      Tokyo I
      Guernica I
      Port I
      Sheffield I
      Skara Brae I
      Grantchester I
      Bingen I
      Columbia I
      Marquette I
      Salisbury I
      Birnam I
      Ramada I
      Putnam I
      Sterling I
      Pittsfield I
      Driftwood I
      New Danville I
      New Paris I
      Muskegon I
      Sapporo I
      Johnsburg I
      St. Charles I
      Tipperary I
      Sherwood I
      Juno I
      Aberdeen I
      Margarita I
      Highland I
      Millbrook I
      Southampton I
      Central City I
      San Bernardino I
      Westfall I
      Guajira I
      Sarajevo I
      Zebulon I
      Asbury Park I
      St. Lawrence I
      Santa Monica I
      Mount Airy I
      Valparaiso I
      Atlanta I
      Galveston I
      Grenville I
      Heartland I
      Sedan I
      Blanchard I
      St. James I
      Saginaw I
      Ceylon City I
      Bristol I
      Vatican I
      Normal I
      Baton Rouge I
      Mansfield I
      Shiloh I
      Darlington I
      Halcyon I
      Lantana I
      Roscoe I
      Knutsford I
      Indiana I
      Reno I
      Quantico I
      Syracuse I
      Innisfree I
      Marrakesh I
      Clare I
      Coconut Grove I
      San Antonio I
      Antioch I
      Evergreen I
      Brisbane I
      Romulus I
      Trondheim I
      Santa Ana I
      Birmingham I
      Ibiza I
      Leon I
      El Paso I
      Nelson I
      Red River I
      Little Rock I
      Göttingen I
      Orlando I
      Delta I
      Savannah I
      Suez I
      Chelsea I
      Rio de Janeiro I (including Ipanema I)
      Knoxville I
      Barley I
      Ritchfield I
      Monroe I
      Los Feliz I
      Shangdu / Xanadu I
      Wismar I
      Saigon I
      Ocean City I
      Kolkata I
      Wallowa City I
      Clarksdale I
      Fort Wayne I
      Jackson I
      Alamo I
      La Brea I
      Mamelodi I
      Locust Valley I
      Juárez I
      Kingsport I
      Columbus I
      Brunswick I
      Caledonia I
      Saint-Jérôme I
      Saint Augustine I
      Yorktown I
      Banga I
      Halifax I

      Delete
    4. Caroline I
      Talbot I
      Aspen I
      Pushkin I
      Sault Saint Marie I
      Mexico City I
      Colorado I
      Providence I
      St. Teresa I
      Minnesota City I
      Marion I
      Provincetown I
      Murnau I
      Gibraltar I
      Fox Point I
      Charleroi I
      Kissimmee I
      Amarillo I
      Excelsior I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      Gomorrah II
      Essex II
      Albion I
      Idaho I
      Atlantis I
      Camelot I
      A City With No Name I
      Drywood I

      🦙🦙🦙

      Delete