Saturday, September 07, 2024

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 306 & Part 307

 Today is Saturday, the 7th of September 2024.

It was a late summer night in a famous American west coast state that is also the name of a city.

I think we have a lot in common, said the lobster to the crab when they left the fancy restaurant.

Malacostraca, sneezed the crab.

What? asked the lobster. Are you insulting me?

It is our class, lobster, said the crab. It is just our class.

Class? Like grade? We are not in school anymore. What are you talking about?

The crab shook its head.

This date was crapp, said the crab. And Multicrustacea is my superclass.

And sideways it tiptoed and jumped down the harbour quay wall into the salty waters of the bay.

🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀🦀

"If We'd All Been Living in Bromford..."

FZ: Ok? Now if you still want to get your name in magazines he wants five hundred dollars a month

JCB: Where does it come from? We worked one gig this month. And now, so, what do we get, two hundred dollars for this gig up here, if we're lucky. If we're lucky, we'll get two hundred. And it'll be two weeks before we get it. Probably. I mean a- . . . after all, uh . . . what is all this shit in the, uh, in the newspaper? We sh-, if we got such a big name, how come, uh . . . we're.

FZ: That shit in the news .

JCB: We're starving, man! This fucking band is starving! And we've been starving for three years. I realize it takes a long time, but God damn does it take another five, ten years from now?

FZ: There's some months when you're not gonna work as much as other months. There's some months when you're gonna make a lot of money, and if you average it out, you do make more than two hundred dollars a month

JCB: Expenses are sure high, too. If we'd all been living in Bromford, it would've been different

FZ: If we'd all been living in Bromford, we wouldn't work at all!

JCB: Ah that's -- true . . . Well, we're not working n-now anyway! We worked one gig this month, Frank! What's wrong with getting two months in a row of this good money? Or three months in a row? Then we can afford to take three or four months off and everybody can . . . After the first month I can get just enough ahead, but if I had two more months, man, I'll get ahead. 'Cause I'm not living very extravagantly, I'll tell you for sure
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Bromford One / Youth and Beauty Brigade"

Take a long drive with me
On Bromford One, Bromford One
Take a long drive with me
On Bromford One, Bromford One

And the road a-winding goes
From Golden Gate to roaring cliff side
And the light is softly low
As our hearts become sweetly untied

Beneath the sun
Of Bromford One

Take a long dram with me
Of Bromford wine, of Bromford wine
Take a long drown with me
Of Bromford wine, of Bromford wine

And the wine, it tastes so sweet
As we lay our eyes to wander
And the sky, it stretches deep
But will we rest our heads to slumber?


Beneath the vines
Of Bromford wine
Beneath the sun
Of Bromford One?

Annabelle lies
Sleeps with quiet eyes
On this sea-drift sun
What can you do?

And if I said
"Oh, it′s in your head"
On this sea-drift sun
What can you do?

(I've heard of ghosts
Good ghosts who wander the battlefield at night
Guiding soldiers out of danger
You can see their omens everywhere
Omens warning of stray bullets and lurking enemies
If I were such a ghost
I would stay so close to you
You could feel my breath on your cheek)


We′re calling all bed-wetters and ambulance chasers
Poor picker-pockets, bring 'em in
Come join the youth and beauty brigade
Come join the youth and beauty brigade

We're lining up the light-loafered and the bored bench warmers
Castaways and cutouts, fill it up
Come join the youth and beauty brigade
Come join the youth and beauty brigade

Nothing will stand in our way

I figured I had paid my debt to society
By paying my overdue fines at the Multnomah County Library, at the library
And they said "Son, go join up"
Go join the youth and beauty brigade

Come join the youth and beauty brigade
Come join the youth and beauty brigade
Come join the youth and beauty brigade
Nothing will stand in our way



3 comments:

  1. Calfornia... and Calfornia one. Greetings from the westcoast🌅

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you keep going to the west
    one day you will arrive in the east...

    The Mothers Of Invention - "If We'd All Been Living in California..."
    The Decemberists - California One / Youth and Beauty Brigade


    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my... Does this mean we have to get California out of the
    "Not even really a (real) city" area?

    This brings California near the TOP20 of this list...

    468 songs about 220 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIIII
    Earth IIIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Paris IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    Baltimore IIII
    Mars IIII
    California IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Berkeley III
    Tijuana III
    Venus III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Copenhagen II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Buffalo II
    Pittsburgh II
    Brighton II
    Singapore II
    Santiago II
    Liverpool II
    Tupelo II
    Lily II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolulu I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I
    Antioch I
    Minneapolis I
    Evergreen I
    Brisbane I
    Boston I
    Romulus I
    Trondheim I
    Santa Ana I
    Birmingham I
    Ibiza I
    Temple I
    Leon I
    El Paso I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete