Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 286 / Pink Moon …

 
Today is Wednesday, the 24th of April 2024.

Today is full moon, Morla the Ancient One from the Swamps of Sadness says, Pink Moon. We know it but we don't care. It's full moon and city quiz day, two things at the same time. You humans always want everything at once, the best of both worlds.

Morla the Ancient One from the Swamps of Sadness is holding back a giant sneeze by taking in a deep breath.

But you cannot have it all at once. We know it, but we don't care. You can't have your cake and eat it too. But it doesn't matter.

And after taking in more short breaths … ah … ah … ah … the giant sneeze breaks free in a splashing wave of fluids …

ATCHOOOOOO !!!

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒
🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒
🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒
🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒


"I Took a Pill In Bromford"

I took a pill in Bromford
To show Avicii I was cool
And when I finally got sober, felt 10 years older
But fuck it, it was something to do
I′m living out in LA
I drive a sports car just to prove
I'm a real big baller cause I made a million dollars
And I spend it on girls and shoes

But you don′t wanna be high like me
Never really knowing why like me
You don't ever wanna step off that roller coaster and be all alone
You don't wanna ride the bus like this
Never knowing who to trust like this
You don′t wanna be stuck up on that stage singing
Stuck up on that stage singing

All I know are sad songs, sad songs

Darling, all I know are sad songs, sad songs

I′m just a singer who already blew his shot
I get along with old timers
'Cause my name′s a reminder of a pop song people forgot
And I can't keep a girl, no

′Cause as soon as the sun comes up
I cut 'em all loose and work′s my excuse
But the truth is I can't open up

But you don't wanna be high like me
Never really knowing why like me
You don′t ever wanna step off that roller coaster and be all alone
You don′t wanna ride the bus like this
Never knowing who to trust like this
You don't wanna be stuck up on that stage singing
Stuck up on that stage singing

All I know are sad songs, sad songs
Darling, all I know are sad songs, sad songs

I took a plane to my hometown
I brought my pride and my guitar
All my friends are all gone but there's manicured lawns
And the people still think I'm a star
I walked around downtown
I met some fans on Lafayette
They said tell us how to make it 'cause we're getting real impatient
So I looked 'em in the eye and said

You don't wanna be high like me
Never really knowing why like me
You don't ever wanna step off that roller coaster and be all alone
You don't wanna ride the bus like this
Never knowing who to trust like this
You don't wanna be stuck up on that stage singing
Stuck up on that stage singing

All that I know are sad songs, sad songs
Darling, all that I know are sad songs, sad songs


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 













πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•
πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•
πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•
πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•πŸŒ•




Pink Moon

Yes, I′m being followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow
Leaping and hopping on a moonshadow
Moonshadow, moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands
Lose my plow, lose my land
Oh, if I ever lose my hands
Oh, if, I won't have to work no more

And if I ever lose my eyes
If my colours all run dry


3 comments:

  1. Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza

    Capital city = Ibiza Town
    Wouldn't I otherwise have taken a pill on Ibiza instead of in Ibiza to show Avicii I was cool? But I am not Mike Posner, or am I? πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ibiza... πŸ™„

    Welcome town... or island or...?

    447 songs about 213 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem II and New Amsterdam I and Coney Island I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I and Hampstead I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIIII
    Eden IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Paris IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    Baltimore IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Berkeley III
    Tijuana III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Copenhagen II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Istanbul II
    Oklahoma II
    Buffalo II
    Pittsburgh II
    Brighton II
    Singapore II
    Santiago II
    Liverpool II
    Tupelo II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolulu I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Indiana I
    Reno I
    Quantico I
    Syracuse I
    Innisfree I
    Marrakesh I
    Clare I
    Coconut Grove I
    San Antonio I
    Antioch I
    Minneapolis I
    Evergreen I
    Brisbane I
    Boston I
    Romulus I
    Trondheim I
    Santa Ana I
    Birmingham I
    Ibiza I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete