Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 204

Today is Wednesday, the 4th of May 2022.


May, the fourth, be with you, said the badger.

What an event, said the elephant.

Elephant - a heavy plant-eating mammal with a prehensile trunk, long curved ivory tusks, and large ears, native to Africa and southern Asia. It is the largest living land animal.

🐘🐘🐘🐘

"Bromford"

 

In Bromford freedom looks like

Too many choices

In Bromford I found a friend

To drown out the other voices

 

Voices on a cell phone

Voices from home

Voices of the hard sell

Voices down a stairwell

In Bromford

Just got a place in Bromford

 

In Bromford summers get hot

Well into the hundreds

You can't walk around the block

Without a change of clothing

 

Hot as a hair dryer in your face

Hot as a handbag and a can of mace

Bromford

I just got a place in Bromford

Bromford, Bromford

 

 

In Bromford you can forget

Forget how to sit still

Tell yourself you will stay in

But it's down to Alphaville

 

Bromford

Bromford, Bromford

Bromford, Bromford

Bromford

 

The Irish been coming here for years

Feel like they own the place

They got the airport, city hall

Asphalt, asphalt

They even got the police

 

Irish, Italians, Jews and Hispanics

Religious nuts, political fanatics in the stew

Happily not like me and you

That's where I lost you

 

Bromford

Bromford, Bromford

Bromford

Bromford, Bromford

Bromford

Bromford

 

 

In Bromford I lost it all

To you and your vices

Still I'm staying on to figure out

Midlife crisis

 

I hit an iceberg in my life

You know I'm still afloat

You lose your balance, lose your wife

In the queue for the lifeboat

 

You got to put the women and children first

But you've got an unquenchable thirst for Bromford

 

Bromford

Bromford

Bromford, Bromford

 

In the stillness of the evening

When the sun has had its day

I heard your voice whispering

Come away now

 

New, Bromford

New

Bromford

Oh

Bromford



3 comments:

  1. New York... was missing it for a while. And May the 4th be with you🖖

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the force be with you on May, the fifth! 🤩
    And this town is inevitable...
    U2 - New York

    ReplyDelete
  3. 308 songs about 159 different cities (and places).

    New York, New York. We'll always have New York...

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII and West Hills I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Baltimore II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Damascus II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Kansas City I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete