Friday, April 17, 2020

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 103


Today is Friday, the 17th of April 2020.

One quick hint for today's song ...

WUFF WUFF

or better in Klingon

RING RING



"Bromford"

Deep inside
My soul fights a war
I can't explain
I can't cross over any more
All I see are dirty faces
Rain and wire
And common sense in pieces
But I try to see through Irish eyes, Bromford

Look outside
Summer's lost and gone
It's a long walk
On a street of right and wrong
In every inch of sadness
Rock and tanks
Go hand in hand with madness
But I never saw a braver place, Bromford


And it's sad when they sing
And hollow ears listen
Of smokin black roses
On the streets of Bromford
And so say your lovers
From under the flowers
Every foot of this world
Needs an inch of Bromford

Who's to say
On whom Heaven smiles
Our different ways
We try harder to recognize
No more enchanted evenings
The pubs are closed
And all the ghosts are leaving
But you'll never let them shut you down,
Bromford

And it's sad when they sing
And hollow ears listen
Of smokin black roses
On the streets of Bromford
And so say your lovers
From under the flowers
Every foot of this world
Needs an inch of Bromford

The enemy is not at home
A jealous green
Streaks down this faulty diamond
No bloody boots or crucifix
Can ever hope to split this emerald island
But I never saw a braver place,
Bromford


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're right!

      Elton John - Barkfast ... aehm ... Elton John - Belfast

      Delete
    2. Welcome Belfast to the TOP WHATEVER !!!

      156 songs about 76 different cities (and places).

      *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I) ***

      Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
      Los Angeles IIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood III)
      Berlin IIIIIII
      London IIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
      Amsterdam IIIIII
      San Francisco IIII
      Bethlehem IIII
      New Orleans III
      Memphis III
      Budapest II
      Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
      Warsaw II
      Rome II
      Manchester II
      Philadelphia II
      Hong Kong II
      Tijuana II
      Paris II
      Jerusalem II
      Galway I
      Malice I
      San José I
      Barcelona I
      Scarborough I
      Atlantic City I
      Houston I
      Pompeii I
      Chicago I
      Waterloo I
      Pyongyang I
      Yarmouth I
      Santa Maria Da Feira I
      Berkeley I
      West Palm Beach I
      Cologne I
      Monterey I
      Starkville I
      Odessa I
      Tupelo I
      Leningrad I
      Miami I
      Fribourg I
      Baltimore I
      Montgomery I
      Detroit I
      Folsom I
      Perth I
      Sanibel I
      Harrisburg I
      Washington I
      Gloucester I
      Acapulco I
      Calgary I
      Seattle I
      Blackfield I
      Omaha I
      Gainesville I
      Santiago I
      Saint Malo I
      Chernobyl I
      Grevenbroich I
      Brownsville I
      Mason City I
      Benton I
      San Jacinto I
      Cairo I
      Grafton I
      Istanbul I
      Belfast I

      Not even really a (real) city or place:
      Jersey III
      California II
      Albion I
      Gomorrah I
      Essex I
      Idaho I

      Delete