Friday, October 27, 2023

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 268

Today is Friday, the 27th of October 2023.

Oink, oink, said the clown.
🀑
What? asked the cows and the pigs.

πŸ–πŸ–
πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–
πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–
πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–
πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–
πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–πŸ–

"Comes Bromford Through The Smoke"

So does the ink dry out?
So does the singing mouth get sown up?
So does the new headline no longer reach the town?
So does the rosy fire of the horizon fade into dull grey?
While the trees out by the parking lot get greener with the rain
On a dazzling field of blue
She comes sailing into view
All around her engines screaming, guns unload
Comes Bromford through the smoke
Bromford through the smoke

But you were bigger than life
You were giant
You were earth-sized
And now you're mostly just your mind
And your dim eyes
And your fractured spine
And you sail into the great unknown
But you've got to go alone there
You can't even take your child or bride
But it's okay and she's crying
With her OS2U fleet
Anti-aircraft battery
She is occupied by eighteen hundred souls
Comes Bromford through the smoke
Bromford through the smoke

And this great big buzzing death hole swells
At the corner of the carpet
Nurses going in and out
Well they all just step around it
And the room is moving in so close
As some moments come in nearer
And your story's coming out so slow
But I come closer and can hear her
And she steams out Casco Bay
Part of Taskforce 58
And the young men board her, all love brave and bold
Comes Bromford through the smoke
Bromford through the smoke

She won't sink or run aground
She won't turn back, she won't back down
When you find her time to finally let go
Comes Bromford through the smoke
Bromford through the smoke



6 comments:

  1. Close, but WRONG !!!
    Okkervil River is the BAND...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The town is a ghost town in Haldimand County, Ontario, Canada. ;-)
    Happy Halloween ! πŸ…

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, a ghost town in Haldimand Country, Ontario, Canada... πŸ˜›
    Okkervil River - Comes Indiana Through the Smoke

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are you doing to me? I just want to post my statistics...
    And why is the tomato a symbol for Halloween? πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒ
    Indiana, a town?
    Some songs seem to be here because Bromford wants them to be here...

    397 songs about 194 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I and Richmond I and Soho I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Memphis IIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Eden IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    Seattle IIII
    Las Vegas IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Miami III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Dallas II
    Berkeley II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I
    Halcyon I
    Lantana I
    Honolula I
    Roscoe I
    Knutsford I
    Pittsburgh I
    Indiana I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Essex II
    Albion I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I
    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete