Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 251

 Today is Tuesday, the 13th of June 2023.

These aren't my paws, the monkey said.
I am not leaving such imprints.

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’                                                πŸ’
 
"Boomtown Bromford"

The Oscar goes to Glen Close tonight
She thanks the lord and her mum in the flashing light
I wonder why the academy has forgotten you
With all the brilliant shows you do
Pretending that you're loving me
Starring in my tragedy

So here we go on the walk of fame
The camera rolls, you appear and forget my name
Don't forget to save your tears for the crying scene
Drama queen on wide screen
The carpet's red it's made of blood
From the love that we once had
Still hear you say...


Our love's like Hollywood
Boomtown Bromford
Perfect smile for a while if it sells
Still hear you say
Our love's like Hollywood
Boomtown Bromford
And you're the nominated one
For the category (of) "sham actress"?
With no success
You close your eyes
And hope that god will bless
Your awfully expensive dress
And maybe he'll l forget the rest

The music swells as the hero dies
He gives his life for his love and the audience cries
There ain't no reason good enough to go on like this
A bad taste after every kiss
Fake tears are your speciality
So don't you cry for me

Still hear you say...

 


3 comments:

  1. Fury In The Slaughterhouse - Boomtown Babylon

    Boom, Boom, Boom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babylon now on rank 6... Watch out Berlin, Babylon is coming...

    380 songs about 188 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Eden IIIIII
    San Francisco IIIIII
    Memphis IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    Paris IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Seattle III
    Miami III
    Las Vegas III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I
    Mansfield I
    Dallas I
    Shiloh I
    Darlington I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete