Sunday, June 04, 2023

N ail-scissors …

 
As I follow the black sheep through a gap in the hedges I enter a real labyrinth made of a pulsating green of brenches and leaves which is far from being laurel. Who said or thought they were laurel hedges in the first place?

»They are looking at the wrong places, I hear a deep voice behind my back.«

I turn around. There is nobody there but the black sheep with the red shine in its' round and yet kind of square eyes.

»What is this?« I ask myself. »What do we have got here? Beast that can talk? More like a freak or publicity stunt. Go home to Farmer Farnsworth's farm, you new animal of misfortune.«

»I am not one of Farnsworth's sheep.«

I am losing my mind. After walking and talking llamas we have got a walking and talking sheep right here inside a living and growing hedge-labyrinth.

»Your friends are looking at the stars. They should be looking at the moon.«

The sheep is smiling and standing on its' hind-legs pointing at the sky with one of its' front-legs.

Why did it become night within the blink of an eye?

»Look at the moon, Bromford Bibble. Look how full and round it is. This month they call it the Strawberry Moon.«

»But why?« I think. »It doesn't even look like a strawberry from my point of view.«

»And this is why you made me break my Blockblog-posting routine?« I ask the wooly animal. »What is this? Are we in a fairy-tale now? A lunatic fairy-tale with speaking sheep?«

»I am not a sheep, you know, Bromford Bibble? You should call me by my name.«

My head starts to ache and I am trying to bury my eyes in the palms of my hands to ease the pain.

»Well«, comes a huge sigh out of my chest, »what or who are you then if you aren't a sheep?«

»You can call me Mr. Tumbleweed.«

Are these cicades I can hear singing in the distance?

Bored of the life in the City of Gold
He'd left and let nobody know.
Gone were the towers he had known from a child,
Alone with the dream of a life
He travelled the wide open road,
The blinkered arcade,
In search of another to share in his life.
Nowhere.
Everyone looked so strange to him.

They've got no horns and they've got no tail
They don't even know of our existence.
Am I wrong to believe in a City of Gold
That lies in the deep distance, he cried

And wept as they led him away to a cage
Beast that can talk, read the sign.
The creatures they pushed and they prodded his frame
And questioned his story again.
But soon they grew bored of their prey
Beast that can talk?
More like a freak or publicity stunt.
Oh


🌕🌕🌕🌕

Today is Sunday, the 4th of June 2023.


Strawberry Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment