Thursday, March 02, 2023

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 239

Today is Thursday, the 2nd of March 2023.

Oh, when the hares come marchin' in...
Oh, when the hares come marchin' in...

What is a March Hare?
A cousin of the Easter Bunny?

🐰🐰


"Holidays In Bromford"

Did you ever feel that just by jumping on a plane
All your cares would drop away
And you'd be born again
Returning to a nature child
Happy wild and free
But forgetfulness is a river
And you know where the river leads

Holidays in Bromford
Life before the fall
See no, hear no, speak no evil
Feel no guilt, feel no guilt at all

Naked through the jungle
Mud between your toes
Following the river
Where the river flows

The creatures of the forest bid you
"Welcome to the dark"
Nothing here can hurt you
Darkness has no heart

Holidays in Bromford
Paradise regained
See no, hear no, speak no evil
Throw your past away

You wake up one morning
Wondering who you are
There's a map of a new country up on the wall
All your new lovers merge into one
You've done everything under the sun
There's a date on the air ticket
And the money's gone

Back in your own country
Nothing seems the same
No one comes around at night
Or uses your new name

Hearing silent whispers
Old friends are acting strange
No one wants to know you now
People say you've changed

Holidays in Bromford
Life before the fall
See no, hear no, speak no evil
Feel no guilt at all

Holidays in Bromford
Paradise and light
Heaven loses you to this world
Leaves you alone
Kiss your home goodbye

(She says she's lonely)



3 comments:

  1. Don't you like the diversity? 😈
    Marillion - Holidays In Eden

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happened...
    Eden with 6 point on rank 9 now...

    368 songs about 183 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I and New Amsterdam I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIIIIIII and West Hills I)
    London IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea III and Londinium I and Walthamstow I and Muswell Hill I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Babylon/Babel IIIIIIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Eden IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIIII
    Chicago IIII
    Warsaw IIII (including Warszawa I)
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Baltimore III
    Moscow III
    Rome III
    Kansas City III
    Seattle III
    Budapest II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Damascus II
    Vienna II
    Saint Malo II (also San Malo I)
    Jericho II
    Nashville II
    Black Mountain II
    Soma II
    Bangkok II
    Las Vegas II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Johnsburg I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Guajira I
    Sarajevo I
    Zebulon I
    Asbury Park I
    St. Lawrence I
    Santa Monica I
    Mount Airy I
    Valparaiso I
    Jacksonville I
    Atlanta I
    Brighton I
    Galveston I
    Grenville I
    Oklahoma I
    Heartland I
    Sedan I
    Blanchard I
    San Malo I
    St. James I
    Saginaw I
    Ceylon City I
    Liverpool I
    Bristol I
    Vatican I
    Normal I
    Baton Rouge I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    A City With No Name I
    Drywood I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete