Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Two-thousand-eighteen Shades Of Bromford - Part 197



Today is Wednesday, the 9th of March 2022.

This new order is giving us some kind of detox. Blogtox with less posts. Blockblogtox.

Once there were war horses when we needed doves of peace.

All we got were fried pieces of doves.

πŸ•ŠπŸ•ŠπŸ•Š
πŸ•ŠπŸ•ŠπŸ•Š
πŸ•ŠπŸ•ŠπŸ•Š

"Bromford Hills"

Alright, well,
I'm 26, so I've lived here for 26 years
I married my high school sweetheart
So we've been married, we've been together 11 years
Um, I don't really travel much, so I've just been here, haha
Uh, I'm, I'm busy John, you'll have to wait
Uh, my little brother, he moved into the community
And they tried to tape him to a flagpole or a tree up at the high school
So if you don't fit their mold
Just a nice, small community, everybody knows, everybody
Good place to live and to raise kids
We'll be here forever
So, yeah, it's a good area

I was born right here in Zion, God's own son
His Holy Ghost stories and bloodshed never scared me none
While they bowed their heads on Sunday
I cut out through the hedges and fields
Where the light could place its hands on my head
In the Bromford hills

Free in the Bromford hills
Free in the Bromford hills

She's got two full-grown children, one still on the vine
And once I got to know him I loved him like he was mine
Some nights we drive up the mouth of the canyon
On hillbilly heroin pills
We get out and watch the sunset
Peaceful and still

And free in the Bromford hills
Free in the Bromford hills

When the sheriff kicked my door down
I was sleeping in my own bed
And the mess I got caught up in
Rained hard down on my head
They got me for possession of them hillbilly heroin pills
Enough to kill the horses that run free in the Bromford hills
They got me for possession of enough to kill the horses that run

Free in the Bromford hills
Free in the Bromford hills

If this life was meant for proving
I could use more years to live
But fifteen in a guardhouse
That's more than I'm willing to give
And if there really is a judgement
When He pulls my chart
He'll reject my actions
But He will know my heart
And he'll prepare a place for me
Where happiness instills
And the light puts its loving hands on my head
Free in the Bromford hills
They got me for possession of enough to kill the horses that run

Free in the Bromford hills
Free in the Bromford hills
Free, free in the Bromford hills, in the Bromford hills, in the Bromford hills

3 comments:

  1. Being part of Los Angeles...
    Free, free in the West hills, in the West hills, in the West hills

    The Killers - West Hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, West Hills...

    301 songs about 155 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Brooklyn III and Chelsea II and Harlem I) ***

    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIIII and West Hills I)
    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    London IIIIIIIIIII (including Chelsea II and Londinium I and Walthamstow I)
    Berlin IIIIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIIII
    Jerusalem IIIIII
    Bethlehem IIIII
    Memphis IIIII
    San Francisco IIII
    Babylon/Babel IIII (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Chicago IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Detroit III
    Warsaw III
    Paris III
    Houston III
    Budapest II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Acapulco II
    MontrΓ©al II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Barcelona II
    Belfast II
    Shanghai II
    Moscow II
    Baltimore II
    Tulsa II
    Jupiter II
    Miami II
    Malice I
    San JosΓ© I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Fribourg I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    OrlΓ©ans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I
    Twin Falls I
    Greenwich I
    Ottawa I
    Damascus I
    Red Lake I
    Sapokanikan I
    Tokyo I
    Guernica I
    Port I
    Sheffield I
    Skara Brae I
    Grantchester I
    Bingen I
    Columbia I
    Venice I
    Baghdad I
    Marquette I
    Salisbury I
    Birnam I
    Ramada I
    Putnam I
    Sterling I
    Pittsfield I
    Driftwood I
    Soma I
    Copenhagen I
    New Danville I
    New Paris I
    Muskegon I
    Metropolis I
    Sapporo I
    Jericho I
    Vienna I
    Johnsburg I
    Nashville I
    St. Charles I
    Tipperary I
    Sherwood I
    Juno I
    Aberdeen I
    Margarita I
    Highland I
    Millbrook I
    Southampton I
    Central City I
    San Bernardino I
    Westfall I
    Buffalo I
    Kansas City I
    Guajira I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    πŸ¦™πŸ¦™πŸ¦™

    ReplyDelete