Friday, December 18, 2020

Bromford's Ark - Part 20 - 12:18 a.m.

Apartment 7 - Fourth Floor - left hand side … and we walk all night.

'You are still a plagiarist, Brommyford', the llama says right by my side. 'I think you did the exact same thing with the X-Mas Story from the Holy Bible some years ago, dude.'

'Y-Mess Story, animal', I remind the animal. 'Y-Mess Story. Not X-Mas Story! Read the signs! Read the signs! Read the signs! And praise Nigel our painting saviour!'

'No!' Nigel shouts out.

But I can and will still continue,

'When Nigel was born, a brand new bright star appeared in sky. Some Pastafarians of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in faraway countries saw the star and guessed what it meant. They were very clever men that studied the stars and had read in very old writings that a new star would appear when a great painter was born. They set out to find the new painter and bring him gifts.

The Pastafarians of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster followed the star towards the country of The Land of Glory and when they got to the capital called Salem's Lot they began to ask people: 'Where is the child who is born to be king of the Painters?' Donald, the king of The Land of Glory, heard this and it made him very angry to think that someone might be going to take his place as king. Donald sent for the Pastafarians of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to come to him. He told them to go on following the star until they had found the baby painter. He said: 'When you have found him, let me know where he is, so that I can go to model for him and worship him.' But Donald did not tell them that he really had an evil plan in mind to kill the new painter.'

'Ouch', Gina and Gino Giraffe from apartment 7 exclaim. 'The ceilings in 666 Whitaker Lane, the apartment house in Bromford, the friendly town by the bay and seaside, are way too low!'


And way down we go …


"Bromford"

One, two, three, four

By the banks of old Bromford
My love swam with me
Nature's tender bones are breathing
Lungs, each breaths, each breathes and

Have you felt it?
Have you?
I've felt it too
And so have you

Summer day, she stays by her window
Her saggy flesh it sweeps the floor
Down her steps and through her hallway
Coming out her door and

Have you seen it?
Have you?
I've seen that too
And so have you

Now man holds hands, head, neck, shaped cobweb
White oil fills each pore
Again down your steps and through your hallway
Jumping out your door and

Have you done it?
Have you?
I've done that too
And so have you

Well, love me tender
V-v-v-v-v-v-iva las vegas
And hounddog
All shook up
Heartbreak hotel
Lawdy, miss clawdy
Blue moon
Blue suede shoes and

Have you heard it?
Have you?
I've heard that too
And I know for sure that so have you





















3 comments:

  1. The city or the town of Poughkeepsie ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever... It's one city, they say...

      Devendra Banhart - Poughkeepsie

      Delete
  2. Poughkeepsie?

    207 songs about 103 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I and Brooklyn I) ***

    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIII)
    Berlin IIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIII
    London IIIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
    San Francisco IIII
    Bethlehem IIII
    Memphis IIII
    Jerusalem IIII
    New Orleans III
    Philadelphia III
    Manchester III
    Budapest II
    Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Warsaw II
    Rome II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Detroit II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Barcelona I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Belfast I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Moscow I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Shanghai I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I
    Orléans I
    Kilronan I
    Santa Fe I
    Leicester I
    Saskatoon I
    Singapore I
    Poughkeepsie I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Gomorrah II
    Albion I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I

    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete