Sunday, December 06, 2020

Bromford's Ark - Part 8 - 12:06 a.m.

 
Apartment 19 - Twelfth Floor - left hand side … and we walk all night.

'This year even Santa Claus stays at home because of social distancing, you know', I say.

'Oh, no!' Nigel is calling out loud.

'And the horse does not eat cucumber salad', Shania and Shaun Sheep from apartment 19 say.

And way down we go …


"Bromford, D.C."

B o-r-m f-o-r d, baby, D.C.!
B o-r-m f-o-r d, baby, D.C.!
Bromford, D.C.
It's paradise to me
It's not because it is the grand old seat
Of precious freedom and democracy
No, no, no
It's not the greenery turning gold in fall
The scenery circling the Mall
It's just that's where my baby lives
That's all.
Bromford D.C.!
It's the greatest place to be
It's not the cherries everywhere in bloom
It's not the way they put folks on the moon
No, no, no
It's not the spectacles and pagaentry
The thousand things you've got to see
It's just that's where my baby waits for me
B o-r-m f-o-r d, baby, D.C.!
B o-r-m f-o-r d, baby, D.C.!
Bromford, D.C.!
It fits me to a T
It's not the people doing something real
It's not the way the springtime makes you feel
No, no, no
It ain't no famous name on a golden plaque
That keeps me that makes me ride that railroad track
It's my baby's kiss that keeps me coming back
It's my baby's kiss that keeps me coming back


3 comments:

  1. Hah, even without google... :-) Washington

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Magnetic Fields - Washington, D.C

      What gave it away? The D.C.? There are endless Districts of Columbia in this world! }] So sad. I once knew where that came from. And now I am too lazy to even google it ...

      Delete
  2. 28 rangs plus for Washington, D.C.

    195 songs about 96 different cities (and places).

    *** New York IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Manhattan IIIII and Chelsea I and Brooklyn I) ***

    Hamburg IIIIIIIIIIIIIII (including St. Pauli III and Wilhelmsburg I and Altona I and Jenfeld I and Bahrenfeld I and Ohlsdorf I and Niendorf I)
    Los Angeles IIIIIIIIIIIIII (including Hollywood IIIIII)
    Berlin IIIIIII
    Amsterdam IIIIIII
    London IIIIIII (including Londinium I and Chelsea I and Walthamstow I)
    San Francisco IIII
    Bethlehem IIII
    New Orleans III
    Memphis III
    Philadelphia III
    Jerusalem III
    Budapest II
    Babylon II (Pompeii is in this part of the list so...)
    Warsaw II
    Rome II
    Manchester II
    Hong Kong II
    Tijuana II
    Paris II
    Houston II
    Acapulco II
    Montréal II
    Seattle II
    Galway II
    Washington II
    Malice I
    San José I
    Barcelona I
    Scarborough I
    Atlantic City I
    Pompeii I
    Chicago I
    Waterloo I
    Pyongyang I
    Yarmouth I
    Santa Maria Da Feira I
    Berkeley I
    West Palm Beach I
    Cologne I
    Monterey I
    Starkville I
    Odessa I
    Tupelo I
    Leningrad I
    Miami I
    Fribourg I
    Baltimore I
    Montgomery I
    Detroit I
    Folsom I
    Perth I
    Sanibel I
    Harrisburg I
    Gloucester I
    Calgary I
    Blackfield I
    Omaha I
    Gainesville I
    Santiago I
    Saint Malo I
    Chernobyl I
    Grevenbroich I
    Brownsville I
    Mason City I
    Benton I
    San Jacinto I
    Cairo I
    Grafton I
    Istanbul I
    Belfast I
    Nazareth I
    Aurora I
    Moscow I
    Durango I
    Donkey Town I
    Key West I
    Laredo I
    Durban I
    Bangkok I
    Bowenville I
    Woodstock I
    Shanghai I
    Kalispell I
    El Dorado I
    Gaza I
    Las Vegas I
    Oxford I

    Not even really a (real) city or place:
    Jersey III
    California II
    Albion I
    Gomorrah I
    Essex I
    Idaho I
    Atlantis I
    Camelot I
    🦙🦙🦙

    ReplyDelete