Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Major Brom… A Space Nudity…


Ground Control to Major Brom
Ground Control to Major Brom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
(Ten) Ground Control (Nine) to Major Brom (Eight)
(Seven, Six) Commencing countdown (Five), engines on (Four)
(Three, Two) Check ignition (One) and may God's (Blastoff) love be with you

This is Ground Control to Major Brom, you've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

This is Major Brom to Ground Control, I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
Here am I sitting in a tin can far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my wife I love her very much, she knows

Ground Control to Major Brom, your circuits dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Brom?
Can you hear me, Major Brom?
Can you hear me, Major Brom?
Can you...

Here am I sitting in my tin can far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.

* * *

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know Major Brom's a junkie
Strung out in heaven's high
Hitting an all-time low

My mother said to get things done
You'd better not mess with Major Brom…

David Bowie

No comments:

Post a Comment